i ate a durian last night (se azn fruits general)

Started by strongbad, March 24, 2016, 05:20:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

March 24, 2016, 05:20:21 PM Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 05:25:42 PM by antmaster5000
[spoiler][/spoiler]

was one of the last fruits on my list of fruits to try whilst in thailand
known as the so called king of fruit, i had been looking forward to trying one for some time. they also have a reputation for being stinky. there are signs on public transport and in buildings banning them due to the stench

i bought a little plate of them for 130 baht, which is a lot considering that most fruits will be like 20 baht for the same amount

HOLY FUCK THEY ARE STINKY
i ate a few pieces and it was good and creamy and interesting but man the putrid stench was so overpowering it made my whole apartment smell like garbage it was absolutely disgusting

strongbad

follow-up:
fruits that i liked a lot that i will miss very much

jackfruit (i think my favorite and these things are damn huge they taste like candy)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

mangosteen (very small and yummy)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

rose apple (crisp and refreshing)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

dragon fruit (very yummy tastes like a kiwi)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

pomelo (like a grapefruit but not as bitter and very yummy)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

C.Mongler

woah those are some wild fruits and i thought apricots were weird

strongbad

thailand has on-point fruit game
on like any street there's ladies with fruit stands with bags of pre-sliced fruits for like $0.60 each
it's so cook

Daddy

Selena liked durian i was like why

Cindy never tried to bring smelly-ass durian into our home  baddood;

strongbad

like it tastes fine and is definitely a unique flavor and texture but i cannot get past the smell
i had to put it on our balcony and then the next morning i brought it inside and immediately threw it away

Daddy

I wonder how the first person decided to eat durian.

"Gee this smells like the other food that gets everyone sick. Let's eat it"

Socks

those look like something from the garden of eden.and.shit. very cool, and cool looking.

[hedy]Zidone

I've heard that Juicy Fruit gum's flavor is based on jackfruit

strongbad

i could see that
it's probably the most unique fruit i've had. the texture really makes it feel like some kind of gelatin candy or something

Mando Pandango

The mangosteen doesn't even look real wtf

Rose apples look like cashew apples. Are they the same thing?
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

strongbad

mangosteen are super small and mushy but they definitely look like that irl. very pretty fruits
and i have no idea but i've definitely heard them referred to as rose apples many times

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

??????

mangosteen sucks and so does dragonfruit (tastes like kiwi infused water, water with a hint of kiwi)
i wanna try jackfruit maybe ill do it today ive seen them for 6-8$
my favourite ethnic fruit is kiwano melons
they're spikey and i wanted to throw one onto a group of people
the taste is very nice
lemon/pineapple/cucumber gel taste

snoorkel

pomelo looks amaazing

i like rambutans and tamarind that's all i've had  n_u

Go Up