April 23, 2024, 11:34:46 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

WE DONT NEED TEN STICKIES

Started by The Hand That Fisted Everyone, March 22, 2016, 09:06:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

C.Mongler

silvertone

Daddy

Samus Aran

i unstickied:

-mal thread because it's not a very important thread even to the usual anime watchers here

-currently listening because it seems to be only slightly active for some reason (weird how we discuss concerts more than music in general)

-concerts because it's not really an "obligatory discussion thread" and it's so active it'll stay near the top anyway

which leaves our general discussion threads for books, albums, anime, tv shows, and movies, plus the anime stream thread which is to stay stickied because it's an ongoing event

i know this is still kind of a lot but idk

Hiro

why can't anime/tv be "what shows are you watching", anime/movies be "movies you've seen recently" and manga/books be "what are you reading", and then "recent music purchases/downloads", and boyah stream (mainly anime but can be updated in the event of a movie or other tv stream) which brings it to 5, which i think is a good number.
i think the reason currently listening to got so stagnant is the last.fm feature works well enough and new things can often go into the music purchases thread as well
by the way I think the threads should be renamed what I put in quotes

strongbad

Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on March 22, 2016, 10:39:16 PM
why can't anime/tv be "what shows are you watching", anime/movies be "movies you've seen recently" and manga/books be "what are you reading", and then "recent music purchases/downloads", and boyah stream (mainly anime but can be updated in the event of a movie or other tv stream) which brings it to 5, which i think is a good number.
i think the reason currently listening to got so stagnant is the last.fm feature works well enough and new things can often go into the music purchases thread as well
by the way I think the threads should be renamed what I put in quotes

i like this
i also like the idea of having dedicated boyah streams so we know when something is being streamed (like "X IS STREAMING X RIGHT NOW")

Samus Aran

anime stream is not going to become boyah stream, because boyah movie night is nonexistent and random vidya streams are better advertised in the chat thread

i do agree with strongbad it would be great to have some sort of feature that tells people (preferably on the main page) what's streaming atm though

also i guess i just see anime/manga discussion as being pretty localized to specific users and generally far-removed enough from other media to not be merged to the point of thread merging

Hiro

i don't really, and i think it would help bring activity into those other threads, especially books and tv, which anime and manga are
I'm okay with anime stream being it's own thing but at least remove the 2 from the name
also maybe if current calendar events (as in happening that day) were just more prominent (like up by the news posting), that way you could add a stream date to the calendar through your thread, and it would be seen on the board index. this would also have the added benefit of making boyager birthdays more visible too

silvertone

it be nice to remove the wat tv show YOu're Watching thread be removed because that's a dumbass thing to sticky.

don't let's

Go Up