March 28, 2024, 03:18:22 PM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

THE PURGE WHATEVERPOINTOH

Started by Daddy, March 19, 2016, 06:22:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on March 20, 2016, 12:08:16 PM
well in that case let's just close everything but the lobby since boyah's inactive in general

i sense this is a facetious post, but i'm honestly 100% in favor of doing this lol. the only one i feel we still should keep is vidjas since we have roots in being a vidja forum and have active discussion about vidjas plenty, and MAYBE arts since we have enuff arts discussions too, but really there's no point in qualifying and separating topics in a forum that has an average of 30 active users lol

like take Gaf for example, they have like 100000% the userbase of boyah and they get along fine with two boards, each with a sub-board for continuous general topics, AND IT WERKS BEAUTIFULY

but i see 0 reason to keep anon board; maybe find a way to bring it as an option to the whole site, but even then who cares. that board started as a meme by 17 year old dipshits like me who wanted boyah to be more like MY FAVORITE SITE, 4CHAN, and then we just never killed it long long LONG after that sentiment was dead and buried. no one uses it and it has no serious practical use even if people did lol

if you really need to make an anon post just make an alt account like a normal person  n_n

strongbad

i agree i think gaf is a great example

especially for a forum of boyah's size, i think that having more boards highlights and enforces inactivity, since i often don't notice topics that are posted in certain boards

i think the esoteric occult -> lobby (it has threads from 2012 cmon)
tech -> lobby (tech is too broad to be a topic of it's own imo and topics moved there from the lobby seem to die)
offline -> lobby (more controversial but i think overall this would be good)

i think that keeping arts, vidya, and serious discussion is idea. while not as active, i think that serious discussion warrants its own board since there needs to be a different vibe

also for the lobby we'll have to be more strict about stickies. only sticky the chat thread, meetups, and one or two from offline if it is merged

my 2 cents

Daddy

The issue with serious discussion is that enforcement of any rules has become nothing

the reason why offline has a separate board is due to how old boards merged

There used to be a separate board for photos and pictures
and one for sports
then i made a joke board for parties

parties got merged back into photos & pics and it became something i forget the name of. Then sports got mergedi nto there since almsot every post was ypr, title, and DP.

i guess there is little need for the two to be separate but merging the first and third largest boards (outside of archives) would make it really lopsided with other boards in existence

C.Mongler

i mean if its a technical thing than fuck it whatever, its not that big a deal, but i've never fucked with SMF (cuz its 2016 and i didnt get into web shit really until like 2010) so i figured there would be a "COMBINE IT ALL" button but i guess thats definitely not the case lololol

Daddy

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 21, 2016, 08:59:02 PM
i mean if its a technical thing than fuck it whatever, its not that big a deal, but i've never fucked with SMF (cuz its 2016 and i didnt get into web shit really until like 2010) so i figured there would be a "COMBINE IT ALL" button but i guess thats definitely not the case lololol
I'd have to move the boards one page at a time lol

I could have sworn there was a "move all threads and delete" button but I can't find that.

don't let's

Will we ever be a one board community?

strongbad

March 22, 2016, 12:52:10 AM #21 Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 12:57:29 AM by antmaster5000
Quote from: Khadafi on March 21, 2016, 08:32:44 PM
The issue with serious discussion is that enforcement of any rules has become nothing

the reason why offline has a separate board is due to how old boards merged

There used to be a separate board for photos and pictures
and one for sports
then i made a joke board for parties

parties got merged back into photos & pics and it became something i forget the name of. Then sports got mergedi nto there since almsot every post was ypr, title, and DP.

i guess there is little need for the two to be separate but merging the first and third largest boards (outside of archives) would make it really lopsided with other boards in existence

i think that if we actually decided to moderate the serious discussion it would be a more interesting board
the current mentality of it being a joke not only invalidates it as a board but is also representative of boyah dying since people don't give a fuck anymore. make one member a srs discussion mod only

but i see what you mean about offline
it would be lopsided when you looked at the stats but i think vidya and arts (well maybe just vidya) are active enough for it to seem semi balanced when you're actually using the site

offline is just kind of an awkward way to separate boards since people talk about offline stuff constantly in the lobby anyway

Thyme

i think we're just too chill to have a ~serious~ serious discussion board anyway

C.Mongler

i havent had a srs discussion on boyarg in YEARS

Daddy

Quote from: Rhyme on March 22, 2016, 05:35:24 AM
i think we're just too chill to have a ~serious~ serious discussion board anyway
BoyahSteam N Chill Discussion

Hiro

i think serious discussion would be fine, it doesn't mean we have to be srs adults the whole time it just means more mature topics like what philosophy/scholarly debate is currently but with a wider variety

don't let's

Did we have a serious discussion before? Did it just end up not being used after a while?

I don't remember if that was here or not.

Daddy

Quote from: … on March 22, 2016, 06:00:46 PM
Did we have a serious discussion before? Did it just end up not being used after a while?

Yeah, look at older threads and the discussion was less shite.

We used to delete posts and temp ban people for being stupid.

strongbad

Quote from: Khadafi on March 22, 2016, 06:13:12 PM
Quote from: … on March 22, 2016, 06:00:46 PM

Yeah, look at older threads and the discussion was less shite.

We used to delete posts and temp ban people for being stupid.

which we should still do imo
or at least ban them from the serious board

like the fact that it stopped being moderated totally resulted in it not actually being for serious discussion. it would be nice to have one place on boyah where shitposting was actively discouraged

silvertone

Quote from: Khadafi on March 22, 2016, 07:20:59 AM
Quote from: Rhyme on March 22, 2016, 05:35:24 AM
BoyahSteam N Chill Discussion
rename lobby to this or to  "Boy Sauna"

Go Up