September 26, 2024, 03:12:08 PM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

New Main Pokemon titles on the way?

Started by TooB, February 25, 2016, 08:55:23 AM

previous topic - next topic

Which one?

SUN
0 (0%)
MOON
1 (33.3%)
BOTH
1 (33.3%)
NIETHER
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Go Down

C.Mongler

aw man i really wanted to decoarte my pikachu's house  saddood;

YPrrrr

Quote from: bluaki on February 26, 2016, 12:57:26 PM
Quote from: YPR Classic on February 26, 2016, 12:45:16 PM
Can you link me to examples of those confuseddood;

I mean if accurate then there is definitely an advantage to being able to upload from Gen 1 n_u
I just made those up. I know they're all possible, but I don't know the exact procedure to get them and don't feel like examining/calculating it out.

Pokémon Bank already has very extensive legitimacy checks for imports from Gen5 games. I imagine they'll do the same for Gen1 imports and block anything with types, levels, moves, dex numbers, etc. that it doesn't like. In particular, with the way the data structure works in newer games, even if they tried to import a Fire-type Bulbasaur its typing data would just get discarded anyway.
I don't think you can switch types legitimately and I dunno about moves but there is a bunch of funky stuff yeah. But the Mew is legit, no fakeness or false IDs

bluaki

February 26, 2016, 02:19:20 PM #47 Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 02:22:55 PM by bluaki
Quote from: YPR Classic on February 26, 2016, 01:22:05 PM
I don't think you can switch types legitimately and I dunno about moves but there is a bunch of funky stuff yeah. But the Mew is legit, no fakeness or false IDs
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_data_structure_in_Generation_I

For Pokémon you already own, full RAM control (the most generic exploit there is) can let you manipulate all of these fields. Even though it's seemingly redundant with the data from the table of species data, each creature does have its own type fields that can conflict with what newly-generated/legitimate creatures of that species should have.

Full RAM control can be had with either interrupting a save and rearranging a huge inventory or by obtaining and using a glitch item that offers arbitrary code execution.

Of course, messing with this data directly is very likely to give you results that very obviously don't look like a legitimate Pokémon. Something like that Mew is a wild encounter, so as long as the ID and level are appropriate it looks mostly fine. Because Mew is an event-only Pokémon, though, Bank can easily be designed to verify that the particular Mew you're importing matches the events they're planning in terms of OT and IVs, or it might simply reject all Mews from English games since that's a Japan-only event.

TooB

Samus Aran

Quote from: Rhyme on February 26, 2016, 12:45:28 PM
Quote from: bluaki on February 26, 2016, 12:09:14 PM
Beyond that, it's vague. Do we have 8 gyms, an Elite Four, a villainous team, a legendary from the boxart? Six Pokémon on your team at once, held items, the same battle system we've always had, three starter Pokémon that are grass/fire/water? Probably, but unconfirmed.

well while we're at it more than four moves per pkmn would be nice 5thgrade;

idk about this. i mean for just playing through the games it would be cool to have five or six yeah. but competitive play would be all the more complicated if suddenly more moveslots are available.

i guess it would be cool if there was some sort of system set up where, you can have more moves normally, but once you battle someone online you have to narrow down your pokemon's moves to four. but that would also make it take so much longer to set up matches lol

idk. people always complain about the four move rule but i've never really minded it.

Samus Aran

and yes i'm aware that the people who want more than four moves are also the people who don't give a shit about competitive play

YPrrrr

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on February 26, 2016, 09:09:17 PM
and yes i'm aware that the people who want more than four moves are also the people who don't give a shit about competitive play
I like competitive play and there are certain Mons that would actually be really good if they could have just one more movelot girl;

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

i still havent beaten x. or really any pokemon game since the third gen.

ME##

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on February 27, 2016, 05:23:39 PM
i still havent beaten x. or really any pokemon game since the third gen.

x is enjoyable other than being very simplistic.  just don't ever play kaz

TooB

I think the game would more complex, in a good way, competitive or otherwise with more move slots.

Yeah you'd have more ways to be op, but you'd also have more ways to work around it I think.

Mando Pandango

I feel like the only thing they need to keep consistent between games is 6 pokemon per team and 4 moves per pokemon.

I'd welcome the shaking up of just about anything else in the formula. Hell, they even fucked with the evolution formula and it worked out.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Hiro

Quote from: Classic on February 26, 2016, 11:41:33 AM
I will be buying Yellow on the 3DS VC.

I've never really played a Pokemon game. At least to the end. If I like it, I will continue looking into Pokemon games. That includes Sun and Moon.
For a first Pokemon game I'd recommend leafgreen/firered as they're probably the best in the series and fix all the problems the originals had imo
also fingers crossed that the next remake is green and red again, and not d/p sillydood;

Sun and Moon are proper Pokémon games on 3DS in which you can catch Pokémon, trade, and transfer forward your Pokémon from existing games. They introduce new locations and new Pokémon species.

Beyond that, it's vague. Do we have 8 gyms, an Elite Four, [glow=red,2,300]a villainous team, a legendary from the boxart[/glow]? Six Pokémon on your team at once, held items, the same battle system we've always had, [glow=red,2,300]three starter Pokémon that are grass/fire/water[/glow]? Probably, but unconfirmed.
i'd be good with these things changing

6 would be nice though I can understand why they'd keep it at 4

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on February 26, 2016, 09:08:33 PM
idk about this. i mean for just playing through the games it would be cool to have five or six yeah. but competitive play would be all the more complicated if suddenly more moveslots are available.

i guess it would be cool if there was some sort of system set up where, you can have more moves normally, but once you battle someone online you have to narrow down your pokemon's moves to four. but that would also make it take so much longer to set up matches lol

idk. people always complain about the four move rule but i've never really minded it.
how about you can "save" up to 10 or something, but you can only equip 4 at a time? that way you wouldn't have to just reserve a pokemon for HMs or any of that nonsense, have more options, but it keeps the battle system stable.

Quote from: Sir Popsicle the Sesquipedalian on February 27, 2016, 06:35:13 PM
I feel like the only thing they need to keep consistent between games is 6 pokemon per team and 4 moves per pokemon.

I'd welcome the shaking up of just about anything else in the formula. Hell, they even fucked with the evolution formula and it worked out.
yeah really, black and white made a few changes and it worked out great, and for x and y, while they eventually lost my interest, I loved all the changes they made. Even despite finally mixing the game up just a bit, the series still feels a bit stale.

ALSO can we talk about how weird and awful the Pokemon logo is? I know it's classic and brand equity yadda yadda but couldn't they just refine it a hair?

YPrrrr

Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on February 27, 2016, 07:45:51 PM
Quote from: Classic on February 26, 2016, 11:41:33 AM
I will be buying Yellow on the 3DS VC.

I've never really played a Pokemon game. At least to the end. If I like it, I will continue looking into Pokemon games. That includes Sun and Moon.
For a first Pokemon game I'd recommend leafgreen/firered as they're probably the best in the series and fix all the problems the originals had imo
also fingers crossed that the next remake is green and red again, and not d/p sillydood;

Sun and Moon are proper Pokémon games on 3DS in which you can catch Pokémon, trade, and transfer forward your Pokémon from existing games. They introduce new locations and new Pokémon species.

Beyond that, it's vague. Do we have 8 gyms, an Elite Four, [glow=red,2,300]a villainous team, a legendary from the boxart[/glow]? Six Pokémon on your team at once, held items, the same battle system we've always had, [glow=red,2,300]three starter Pokémon that are grass/fire/water[/glow]? Probably, but unconfirmed.
i'd be good with these things changing

6 would be nice though I can understand why they'd keep it at 4

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on February 26, 2016, 09:08:33 PM

how about you can "save" up to 10 or something, but you can only equip 4 at a time? that way you wouldn't have to just reserve a pokemon for HMs or any of that nonsense, have more options, but it keeps the battle system stable.

Quote from: Sir Popsicle the Sesquipedalian on February 27, 2016, 06:35:13 PM

yeah really, black and white made a few changes and it worked out great, and for x and y, while they eventually lost my interest, I loved all the changes they made. Even despite finally mixing the game up just a bit, the series still feels a bit stale.

ALSO can we talk about how weird and awful the Pokemon logo is? I know it's classic and brand equity yadda yadda but couldn't they just refine it a hair?
Honestly, Leafgreen/Firered were my least favorites behind Diamond and Pearl. It was less colorful than Ruby/Sapphire, the sprites were the worst in the series imo, the Seven Islands were dumb, and I feel like they didn't do much to make Kanto feel updated.

Idk I felt like it somehow had more personality in black and white than in color because they kept the map the exact same so they ended up repeating A LOT of trees and bushes which is way more noticeable in color

IMO

Samus Aran

Quote from: YPR Classic on February 27, 2016, 03:41:31 PM
I like competitive play and there are certain Mons that would actually be really good if they could have just one more movelot girl;

there are also plenty of Uber/OU pokes that would be that much more broken if they had one more moveslot, so i think it'd do just as much harm as good

YPrrrr

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on February 28, 2016, 12:23:57 PM
Quote from: YPR Classic on February 27, 2016, 03:41:31 PM

there are also plenty of Uber/OU pokes that would be that much more broken if they had one more moveslot, so i think it'd do just as much harm as good
Trueeee it would be much harder to balance. I'm not sure Nintendo really cares about Pokemon balance much though

Go Up