May 15, 2024, 05:02:11 PM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

New Main Pokemon titles on the way?

Started by TooB, February 25, 2016, 08:55:23 AM

previous topic - next topic

Which one?

SUN
0 (0%)
MOON
1 (33.3%)
BOTH
1 (33.3%)
NIETHER
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Go Down

Samus Aran

Tbh the only Pokemon gen I didn't love was Gen 4. Diamond/Pearl/Sapphire. I would love to see Gen 7 soon. I need a new Pokemon fix.

ME##

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on February 25, 2016, 04:17:42 PM
Tbh the only Pokemon gen I didn't love was Gen 4. Diamond/Pearl/Sapphire. I would love to see Gen 7 soon. I need a new Pokemon fix.

TooB

I too, am ready to see a new mainline pokemon

Snowy

[youtube]mb2GeuhbPOo[/youtube]

sounds like the flintstones lol

ME##

Snowy

Samus Aran

Quote from: David on February 25, 2016, 04:19:06 PM
Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on February 25, 2016, 04:17:42 PM

are you defending gen 4

granted, gen 4 did introduce the new battle mechanics that massively improved the entire pokemon experience (most notably the new categorization for special attacks vs physical ones). but i didn't really appreciate having to trudge through swamps.

Thyme

no he's pointing out in his david way that sapphire was gen 3, you meant platinum n_u

Samus Aran

TooB

Mando Pandango

The last gen I played was 4 but I haven't had a working DS or any 3DS since that so

i still like to follow the series tho
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

strongbad

i'm curious about the new mystery dungeon games :0

do any pokemon games actually have good online modes yet? i remember being stoked about diamond and pearl online and being really damn disappointed

bluaki

Quote from: antmaster5000 on February 25, 2016, 11:22:28 PM
i'm curious about the new mystery dungeon games :0
I haven't played any of them, but I've heard good things about Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, usually with comments saying it's possibly the best in the series.

Some of the other games like Gates of Infinity had a much less favorable reception.

Quote from: antmaster5000 on February 25, 2016, 11:22:28 PM
do any pokemon games actually have good online modes yet? i remember being stoked about diamond and pearl online and being really damn disappointed
In Gen4 games (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver), online play was available in the form of either GTS or friend codes.

Pokémon Battle Revolution (the Wii game) and Black/White (Gen5) introduced random battles, so you can just connect and battle anyone. Battles have had the typical variety of rulesets available and Single/Double/Triple/Rotation battle options. Various battle facilities and minigames use support online play too.

X/Y (Gen6) introduced the "PSS" (Player Search System), which is visible on the touchscreen for most of the overworld gameplay. When online, you see a list of online friends, acquaintances, and "passersby" (random people) and you have the ability to request battles/trades and send them miscellaneous gameplay boosts like gain more exp or hatch eggs faster.

Gen6 also introduced "Rating Battles", which are special events of a temporary online battle competition of sorts, often with very specialized rulesets. For example, in the next one on March 4, participants can only use the first 149 pokémon. The previous one restricted teams to pokémon that are Red, Green, or White-colored (it was festive-themed).

Pokémon is still, of course, fundamentally not a cooperative game. People always ask for and never get a "Pokémon MMO" with details like seeing other players in the overworld. Thanks to the 3DS's architectural limitations, even keeping your game connected during single-player gameplay is somewhat of a hassle since it never auto-connects in the background.

strongbad

Random Pokemon battles sounds pretty tight actually

I'm so behind with Pokemon

bluaki

Announcements:
* Yes, Sun/Moon are real
* Releasing on 3DS near the end of 2016
* Works with Pokémon Bank
* Instead of saying anything about the new games, let's remind people to buy Red/Blue again

Go Up