April 19, 2024, 11:00:01 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

THE LIFE OF PABLO

Started by C.Mongler, February 18, 2016, 09:26:11 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

Have you signed up for Tidal and bought that new Yeezy yet? What do you think?

personally, EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

it's fine, i guess. i grew up on his first two albums and i felt like i met god the first time i listened to MBDTF, so the first listen to this was extremely underwhelming. very few songs that struck me as bangers. granted i've only listened to it maybe 6 or 7 times now, but usually it doesnt take this much effort for me to like a yeezy album. i thought yeezus was like 8/10 at best and even then i knew i enjoyed it after my first listen. overall this album is VERY eclectic, and it wildley changes tone and theme between every track, which i can't say i'm a fan of. i LOVE ultra light beam, but other than that i really only felt pretty good about a few songs and bored by others. like the song 30 hours; first half was great, and then what the fuck was the second half? kanye rambling for 3 minutes? great.

also the 'song' I Love Kanye is weirdly self-aware for someone so seemingly unaware. i don't know. i still can't tell if kanye is just a master of manipulating public opinion or if he's just really a huge dick now or if he's on the brink of a complete mental breakdown

DISCUSS

Samus Aran

it's all right. but even mbdtf is to me only "pretty good" as i'm not exactly the biggest yeezy fan.

also i didn't like yeezus

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

strongbad

Socks

College drop out is basically where i left off

C.Mongler

Quote from: Socks on February 19, 2016, 07:23:20 AM
College drop out is basically where i left off

i mean that's not necessarily a bad thing

Hiro

man I love Kanye, I thought the album was pretty solid but there's definitely a couple shit tracks on here
Still, the great songs make up for it, probably a 7 or 8/10
I didn't like Yeezus much at first but it grew on me pretty quick, MBDTF is still his best though
this is definitely his most inconsistent album, and Yeezus was pretty all over the place
I think I like it about as much as Yeezus, and better than Graduation and Late Registration

C.Mongler

Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on February 19, 2016, 11:41:44 PM
man I love Kanye, I thought the album was pretty solid but there's definitely a couple shit tracks on here
I didn't like Yeezus much at first but it grew on me pretty quick, MBDTF is still his best though
this is definitely his most inconsistent album, and Yeezus was pretty all over the place
I think I like it about as much as Yeezus, and better than Graduation and Late Registration

da fuk is wrong witchu hiro

famy

Quote from: C.Mongler on February 22, 2016, 08:38:51 AM
Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on February 19, 2016, 11:41:44 PM

da fuk is wrong witchu hiro
yeah what lol i put late registration on the same level as mbdtf

the more i listen to it the more i like it i guess but the album doesnt seem to have much direction like pretty much everything else he's done. i like most of it at least

Hiro

I like all Kanye's albums  a ton man
MBDTF > College Dropout > Yeezus, TLOP, 808s > Late Registration > Graduation >> Watch the Throne >> Cruel Summer
honestly though they're all really good, i'm just going on which has more songs that I actually listen to/personally like. I can understand why LR would be ranked a lot higher tho

snoorkel

what is this thread about i honestly can't tell

who is yeezy

Socks

Quote from: infinite luxury on February 22, 2016, 04:16:30 PM

who is yeezy

i think it's someone with breathing issues with one of those asthma inhalers.

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Socks on February 22, 2016, 06:42:01 PM
Quote from: infinite luxury on February 22, 2016, 04:16:30 PM

who is yeezy

i think it's someone with breathing issues with one of those asthma inhalers.
no thats WEEZER
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

C.Mongler

Go Up