April 19, 2024, 02:39:08 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Force Awakens - THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS

Started by Samus Aran, December 23, 2015, 11:10:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Daddy

He saw his clone daddy's head get sliced off that's all we need to know

Samus Aran

Quote from: Loto on February 25, 2016, 11:09:34 PM
yeah, but did we need an entire 2+ hour movie to establish the clone wars? to see it?

or anakin and padme, which to me, that relationship was pretty much established in 1

anakin was a child the entirety of 1, there was no "relationship" established unless we're going to say that padme is a pedophile (maybe she is)

the reality of the situation is that:

- the phantom menace is a wholly unnecessary film, nothing in it adds anything to the rest of the franchise
- a sparse few elements of clone wars and revenge of the sith add decent backstory, but do it very poorly, meaning these are also wholly unnecessary films but at least some story elements are fine

basically the prequels never needed to exist, but i find phantom menace to be the most unnecessary of all. however, if we're gonna talk about the quality of the films, i will agree that clone wars is the worst

Samus Aran

Quote from: Commander Fuckass on February 26, 2016, 05:38:38 AM
also we didnt really need to know about Boba Fett did we

of course not. i'm guessing lucas at some point realized that there are a lot of rabid boba fett fans out there and decided to try to capitalize on that by making the fett "family" important to the franchise

only he did this in a completely ludicrous and roundabout way

i never understood boba fett fans anyway though. he's fine as a minor character, but that's all he was and all he should be: a minor character. he's not particularly cool or anything, if anything he's pretty silly.

also the expanded universe at one point made it canon that boba got spat back out by the sarlacc and that's fucking dumb so i'm glad the expanded universe was obliterated

TooB

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on February 26, 2016, 09:45:24 PM
Quote from: Loto on February 25, 2016, 11:09:34 PM
yeah, but did we need an entire 2+ hour movie to establish the clone wars? to see it?

or anakin and padme, which to me, that relationship was pretty much established in 1

anakin was a child the entirety of 1, there was no "relationship" established unless we're going to say that padme is a pedophile (maybe she is)

the reality of the situation is that:

- the phantom menace is a wholly unnecessary film, nothing in it adds anything to the rest of the franchise
- a sparse few elements of clone wars and revenge of the sith add decent backstory, but do it very poorly, meaning these are also wholly unnecessary films but at least some story elements are fine

basically the prequels never needed to exist, but i find phantom menace to be the most unnecessary of all. however, if we're gonna talk about the quality of the films, i will agree that clone wars is the worst
oh shit, you know what? I meant that 1 is literally the pointless.
2 is MOSTLY unnecessary.

They're both so forgettable, I confused which one sucked more

YPrrrr

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on February 26, 2016, 09:49:15 PM
Quote from: Commander Fuckass on February 26, 2016, 05:38:38 AM
also we didnt really need to know about Boba Fett did we

of course not. i'm guessing lucas at some point realized that there are a lot of rabid boba fett fans out there and decided to try to capitalize on that by making the fett "family" important to the franchise

only he did this in a completely ludicrous and roundabout way

i never understood boba fett fans anyway though. he's fine as a minor character, but that's all he was and all he should be: a minor character. he's not particularly cool or anything, if anything he's pretty silly.

also the expanded universe at one point made it canon that boba got spat back out by the sarlacc and that's fucking dumb so i'm glad the expanded universe was obliterated
YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH I LUFF HIM AND THE SARLAAC CANT DIGEST HIS ARMOR IT TOTALLY MAKES SENSE Q('_' Q) Q('_' Q) Q('_' Q) Q('_' Q)

Mando Pandango

YPR give be three good reasons to like Boba Fett. You can't use his implied history with Vader, either.

Go.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

YPrrrr

Quote from: Sir Popsicle the Sesquipedalian on February 29, 2016, 10:45:48 PM
YPR give be three good reasons to like Boba Fett. You can't use his implied history with Vader, either.

Go.
Idk all the reasons would be lame lol

He's Han's rival, he has sweet armor, and his gadgets were cool and semi-unique at the time.

Idc I loved him from the moment I saw him and I will cling to my blind fandom.

I feel he is very similar to my fandom of Gambit in that regard

Go Up