April 16, 2024, 03:24:30 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Dragon Quest (Warrior)

Started by TooB, November 19, 2015, 12:32:44 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

because I wanted too.

who plays/has played any of the series? I wanna talk to someone about them

C.Mongler

i played a bit of 8 back in the day, and more recently 9. 8 was great, wish i played more of it, i sunk 20 hours into 9 and felt very unfulfilled so i stopped playing that one

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK CAN YOU GUYS MAKE/BRING OVER MORE ROCKET SLIME GAMES

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on November 19, 2015, 06:59:19 AM
i played a bit of 8 back in the day, and more recently 9. 8 was great, wish i played more of it, i sunk 20 hours into 9 and felt very unfulfilled so i stopped playing that one

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK CAN YOU GUYS MAKE/BRING OVER MORE ROCKET SLIME GAMES
you didn't like 9 that much? was it because of the comparative lack of story to 8?

C.Mongler

yeah the story was super thin and uninteresting, and fuckin' A the grinding in that game. i didn't like having to grind for 2-3 hours to complete the next story plot point, especially when i knew it was going to be some more gobbldigook about a fruit i needed to eat or whatever

i feel like i would have liked it more if i played with some friends though, the multiplayer in theory sounded fun but i didnt have anyone to paly with

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on November 19, 2015, 08:42:17 AM
yeah the story was super thin and uninteresting, and fuckin' A the grinding in that game. i didn't like having to grind for 2-3 hours to complete the next story plot point, especially when i knew it was going to be some more gobbldigook about a fruit i needed to eat or whatever

i feel like i would have liked it more if i played with some friends though, the multiplayer in theory sounded fun but i didnt have anyone to paly with
I understand. but grinding is pretty much DQ...
did you not have that problem with 8?

C.Mongler

i mean we're talking about a game i played 6 years ago and then another game i played a little more than 10 years ago (and only for like 5 or 6 hours at my friends house at that), so i don't really remember too much. i just remember feeling a connection with the characters and plot in 8 which i didnt feel at all in 9. additionally my tolerance for grindy JRPGs has absolutely diminished over the years especially since i have tons of games in my collection to play and relatively very little time to play them, so i don't want to use my precious game time on what feels like virtual chores.

i'll probably pick up the 8 re-release when it hits stateside and try it again; or maybe X or XI if and when they ever come out in the US

ME##

I played a bit of VIII.  I should probably pick IX up

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on November 19, 2015, 09:31:28 AM
i mean we're talking about a game i played 6 years ago and then another game i played a little more than 10 years ago (and only for like 5 or 6 hours at my friends house at that), so i don't really remember too much. i just remember feeling a connection with the characters and plot in 8 which i didnt feel at all in 9. additionally my tolerance for grindy JRPGs has absolutely diminished over the years especially since i have tons of games in my collection to play and relatively very little time to play them, so i don't want to use my precious game time on what feels like virtual chores.

i'll probably pick up the 8 re-release when it hits stateside and try it again; or maybe X or XI if and when they ever come out in the US
ah i see. understandable

TooB

Quote from: David on November 19, 2015, 09:53:15 AM
you should. and viii again. and the vii 3ds remake

TooB

TooB

Just beat Balzac in dragon quest IV. It's funny because most people seem to say that he's the hardest boss at that point in the game. They also recommend being lvl 25-27.

I went in at lvl 21 and got through it without a single party member dying.

Maybe it was just luck, or maybe these other people used a different party that was less suitable?

Either way, I think I'm about halfway through this game now.

TooB

Dragon Quest Heroes 2 is coming west in April!

C.Mongler

nice i got heros 1 for 8 bucks on black friday lol

ME##

Quote from: Big Goop on November 19, 2015, 11:08:25 AM
my biggest problem w/ dragon quest games is that the atmosphere is more interesting than the gameplay

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on December 09, 2016, 08:13:29 AM
nice i got heros 1 for 8 bucks on black friday lol
did you play it at all?

Quote from: David on December 09, 2016, 09:12:13 AM
Quote from: Big Goop on November 19, 2015, 11:08:25 AM
my biggest problem w/ dragon quest games is that the atmosphere is more interesting than the gameplay
i mean, I can't deny the gameplay is dated, but like you kind of said, the world makes up for it

Go Up