April 18, 2024, 02:25:19 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

SOYLENT

Started by C.Mongler, October 29, 2015, 07:24:40 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

any of yall ever tried this shit?

https://www.soylent.com

im intrigued mostly because im broke and fucking lazy and i never have time to cook a decent meal so i eat like shit all the time. i hear it tastes like ass tho

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I can see maybe replacing one meal a day or something, but I read an article somewhere about how dangerous it is for these people who are trying to live off the stuff.

No way in hell I'd buy into it.

C.Mongler

i mean i dont want to live on it, at best i'd replace breakfast and occasionally dinner with it. it's boderline impossible to cut out food anyway cuz the tummy gets weird as shit about only having liquid (i run a fuck load and use mostly liquid energy suppliments and i feel weird after like 15 miles on the shit; like im not hugnry but my stomch is clearly empty) and eating food is such a social thing i'd be hard to be like YEAH I CANT GET BURGERS BECAUSE I LIVE OFF OF PROTEIN POWDER SORRY GUYS

YPrrrr

Isn't it made out of people confuseddood;

C.Mongler

Quote from: YPR Classic on October 30, 2015, 10:47:05 PM
Isn't it made out of people confuseddood;

no thats SOYLENT GREEN, this is soylent weird white sewage color

also i bought 54 meals of the shit so we'll see what happens lol

snoorkel

is this that milk where asians put it in their mouth and gargle it and then back into the bottle for you?

Hiro

my sister was planning on getting some, curious to try it

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Man, I still don't understand how this shit is any more attractive than any other powdered nutritional aide out there on the market right now.

Just some good ol' Silicon Valley marketing.

ME##

Quote from: Boogus Epirus Aurelius on November 01, 2015, 09:56:10 AM
Man, I still don't understand how this shit is any more attractive than any other powdered nutritional aide out there on the market right now.

this

don't let's

Quote from: C.Mongler on October 29, 2015, 08:16:16 AMand eating food is such a social thing i'd be hard to be like YEAH I CANT GET BURGERS BECAUSE I LIVE OFF OF PROTEIN POWDER SORRY GUYS
but think about how much free food this could potentially net you

Feynman

November 01, 2015, 08:58:43 PM #10 Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 09:03:49 PM by Feynman

Unlike Ensure, which has always existed, Soylent is not a meal replacement, it's designed such that if you were to consume 2000 calories of it per day you would be eating a proportionately healthy diet. For example, a 250 Cal serving of Ensure has 23g of sugar, and a 250 Cal serving of Soylent has 7.5g of sugar.

At $7.70/day for 2000 calories, it's pretty damn cheap, and comparable to a low-cost USDA food plan. A day's worth of Soylent contains less sugar, more fiber, and a healthier macronutrient breakdown than the average diet.

I have tried Soylent 1.0 and it taste like shit, I don't know if 1.5 taste any better than the sandy oat-flavored drink that I tried to chug down. I've ordered some to see.

I also tried Soylent 2.0 which is already prepared and sold in bottles, and that shit is way too expensive and wasteful for me at $12.10/day. It comes in two 70 lbs boxes for a month supply... but I will say, I could definitely live off of Soylent 2.0, it taste absolutely amazing.

C.Mongler

just tried my first "meal" of soylent 1.5. tastes like sugarless pancake mix. i'm kind of tempted to make a pancake out of it.

but yeah not bad, will probably be my breakfast for a while  giggle;

silvertone

Quote from: Feynman on November 01, 2015, 08:58:43 PM

Unlike Ensure, which has always existed, Soylent is not a meal replacement, it's designed such that if you were to consume 2000 calories of it per day you would be eating a proportionately healthy diet. For example, a 250 Cal serving of Ensure has 23g of sugar, and a 250 Cal serving of Soylent has 7.5g of sugar.

At $7.70/day for 2000 calories, it's pretty damn cheap, and comparable to a low-cost USDA food plan. A day's worth of Soylent contains less sugar, more fiber, and a healthier macronutrient breakdown than the average diet.

I have tried Soylent 1.0 and it taste like shit, I don't know if 1.5 taste any better than the sandy oat-flavored drink that I tried to chug down. I've ordered some to see.

I also tried Soylent 2.0 which is already prepared and sold in bottles, and that shit is way too expensive and wasteful for me at $12.10/day. It comes in two 70 lbs boxes for a month supply... but I will say, I could definitely live off of Soylent 2.0, it taste absolutely amazing.
it's made out of fucking soy. not worth the money

C.Mongler

Quote from: hamfusk on November 05, 2015, 11:45:10 PM
Quote from: Feynman on November 01, 2015, 08:58:43 PM

it's made out of fucking soy. not worth the money

1.5 is mostly rice n oat lol

C.Mongler

Go Up