April 15, 2024, 10:38:01 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

do u use discogs (discog thread)

Started by C.Mongler, October 17, 2015, 03:30:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

i just started putting in my collection a couple weeks ago

http://www.discogs.com/user/oldskooldork23/collection

totally incomplete (like maybe 20% of my collection), but u get the gist. do u got one i can look at pls

Samus Aran

>owning Parrot Flies but not Some Kind of Cadwallader

also for some reason i never knew about that split Pity Sex did with Adventures. will look into

but yeah you got some cool shit there. here is mine, it is probably mostly complete. it currently lists 207 cds and 171 vinyl records, including plenty of shitty albums i still hold onto anyway

silvertone

Travis

??????

Quote from: hamfusk on October 17, 2015, 09:39:34 PM
you ever use last . fm
also didn't know you could use discogs for anything other than archiving

C.Mongler

you ever use last . fm

yeah but their software constantly crashes on my pc so i gave up on scrobbling like a year ago it also started like septuble scrobbling tracks so the like week i was really into joyce manor got them like 6k plays in my library which was dumb

Samus Aran

Quote from: اÙ,,Ù,رÙ,Ø© on October 17, 2015, 10:55:05 PM
you ever use last . fm
also didn't know you could use discogs for anything other than archiving

i use it to buy records all the time

Quote from: C.Mongler on October 18, 2015, 10:33:47 AM
you ever use last . fm

yeah but their software constantly crashes on my pc so i gave up on scrobbling like a year ago it also started like septuble scrobbling tracks so the like week i was really into joyce manor got them like 6k plays in my library which was dumb

there is no shame in that joyce manor is cool

saw em live recently

C.Mongler

Quote from: C.Mongler on October 18, 2015, 10:33:47 AM
you ever use last . fm

there is no shame in that joyce manor is cool

saw em live recently
[/quote]

i mean im not saying they are bad it's just annoying when 500 actual scrobbles becomes like 6k. and they arent the only band that it happened to, so my relatively normal last.fm became overrun with pop punk bands when i was feeling sad last year lol

but yeah i saw them live again recently, p fun, though there were so many little weenies in the crowd, i couldn't get too into it because i was afraid i would hurt somebody

C.Mongler

Quote from: steal on October 27, 2015, 02:07:04 PM
hey you have some cool records
Edit: I actually just updated this list and added all the 12" in my collection to the best of my knowledge. still need to add hella 7" but idc enough to do that rn

http://www.discogs.com/user/jonochuu/collection

thansk bro, u 2

i'm about 50%ish of the way through adding all my stuff. one of these days i'm going to sit down and finish it, i just wish pop punk bands didnt have like 9 different variants of any given record meaning i have to take the record out, read the matrix n shit; takes forever

Samus Aran

i just realized that in my post i said "here is mine" but then didn't actually post a link

http://www.discogs.com/user/KazberryKrunch/collection

i'll never throw away the horrendously shitty classic rock albums i still have  giggle;

i suppose i could take them out of my discogs sometime tho

Samus Aran

thanks steal giggle;

probably my favorite emo record i own, not for the music on it but for sheer bragging rights, is TWIABP's joke "The World is a Beautiful Cat" lathe-cut EP

C.Mongler

yeah i mean i do love the collect-ability, i think i was getting at your other point about how little info some pages have the require me to spend 5+ minutes on some records figuring out which one it is exactly. it's a bigger problem for shit thats older than like 20+ years when i pick up a used copy because then theres like 30 versions and im never really sure which it is especially when they are all pressed on black with the matrix being the only real identifier. i wish there was a way to better see the notes n shit on one page so i didnt have to have like 50 tabs open and go "nope, not that one *close*" for like 20 minutes

Samus Aran

yeah it took me an eternity to identify all my old shitty thrift store classic rock records. actually some of them i never even did quite identify correctly.

C.Mongler

yeah my copy of fleetwood mac's rumours definitely isnt the one i have listed in my collection, but after googling the matrix number and sifting through about 25 discogs page i just said fuck it this one is close enough this record is worth maybe 3 dollars anyway lol

usually i add them to discogs myself if it's something that's legit not there (like this english chamber orchestra performing some luddy van i picked up), but yeah, i didnt feel like adding yet another variant to the like 150+ rumours has lol

Samus Aran

apparently, all my most valuable records, according to median sale prices on discogs, are boris records

which is not surprising as even when they are new, boris records tend to cost a lot.

Go Up