April 16, 2024, 01:24:12 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The sorry state of gaming

Started by reeper, October 03, 2015, 10:07:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

don't let's

Thyme

TooB

Quote from: donʼt letʼs on April 27, 2017, 06:41:29 PM
[I] New Nintendo 2DS XL
yeah, we already know that we'll never make more switches.... give them yet ANOTHER iteration of a 3ds....

YPrrrr

I would have bought that 2ds xl instead of my 3xs xl but it's too late sooooo

TooB

Quote from: YPargh on April 27, 2017, 09:58:57 PM
I would have bought that 2ds xl instead of my 3xs xl but it's too late sooooo
yeah, that's kinda my point I suppose. Pretty much everyone who wants a 3ds  (or whatever) has one already

bluaki

why bother trying to make all your factories actually produce the hot new console that has supply issues when you could instead dedicate a chunk of them to make yet another brand new product that competes with yourself

Well, it's probably so they can continue selling Pokémon and other upcoming 3DS games in healthy quantities while shifting the focus slightly more toward the "New" 2DS/3DS exclusives.

I still don't doubt Switch will replace 3DS, but probably not until after they can bring the cost down further, maybe with a Switch Mini. There will definitely be at least one more future mainline Pokémon game for 3DS.

Hiro

I'm not too sure about a mainline Pokemon game, but definitely another pokemon release of some sort
I'd equate this to the gameboy micro in that they're both releasing after their successor and are just a cheaper way to keep selling units and remaining games in stock
that's really what this is, just having factories produce this cheaper option instead of the more expensive units with 3D screens, allowing nintendo to sell them at this much lower price point in order to keep the 3ds alive a bit longer

they do actually look pretty damn nice too

TooB

Quote from: ƕɾο on April 28, 2017, 06:33:36 PM
I'm not too sure about a mainline Pokemon game, but definitely another pokemon release of some sort
I'd equate this to the gameboy micro in that they're both releasing after their successor and are just a cheaper way to keep selling units and remaining games in stock
that's really what this is, just having factories produce this cheaper option instead of the more expensive units with 3D screens, allowing nintendo to sell them at this much lower price point in order to keep the 3ds alive a bit longer

they do actually look pretty damn nice too
yeah, but you see, that's what the original 2ds was about. Besides, I don't believe the switch will be considered a handheld successor. But I guess we'll see.

bluaki

Quote from: ƕɾο on April 28, 2017, 06:33:36 PM
I mean, I don't think gen8 will be on 3ds (I sure hope not) but there's sure to be another set of gen7 games of some sort. Maybe a sequel, maybe a remake, maybe something else.

If anything, I could imagine Pokémon putting one version on 3DS and one on Switch, like Mystery Dungeon did with GBA/DS, but I think it's more likely the next games will be 3DS-only.

Hiro

ah I suppose I could see that. I don't think we'll see DPP remakes on 3ds, but a third version or solar/lunar eclipse could be neat
though it would be nice if the pokemon stars rumor were true instead

TooB

C.Mongler

that cave story one hurt my head oof

YPrrrr

It's sad that that made me want to play cave story girl;

But only because I didn't know it existed before today and now I've researched it

Thyme

Quote from: YPargh on June 26, 2017, 05:57:47 PM

But only because I didn't know it existed before today and now I've researched it

yeah it's good fam

C.Mongler

Quote from: YPargh on June 26, 2017, 05:57:47 PM

it's a fantastic game, one of my favorite platformers ever tbh

and its freeware too lol

or you can pay upwards of 30 dollars for it if you really want to like i did lel

Go Up