April 19, 2024, 04:28:41 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The sorry state of gaming

Started by reeper, October 03, 2015, 10:07:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Honestly, even Scalebound didn't look that cool.
The only thing interesting to me was Platinum

C.Mongler

i mean it's obvious why it was cancelled, but it was at least unique (looking i guess) and xbox

one day we'll get cuphead

don't let's

Quote from: C.Mongler on January 15, 2017, 07:03:25 PM
i can't find the XBOX thread anymore, but since this is sorry state of gaming

why do consoles suck now, will there be good consoles ever again
PCs are getting less expensive comparatively, and consoles are getting more expensive. Plus add in the costs of smart phones.

And then game devs are idiots.

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on January 15, 2017, 08:00:08 PM
i mean it's obvious why it was cancelled, but it was at least unique (looking i guess) and xbox

one day we'll get cuphead
srsly

don't let's

TooB

don't let's

That showed up on the homepage on Google play and the icon made it look like one of those fake knockoff games

Kalahari Inkantation

https://gamerant.com/metroid-other-m-sakamoto-tears-mattw-34014/

i've never seen this article before, but i lol'd at the absurdity of being brought to tears by an other m cutscene

really puts into perspective just how astronomically self-absorbed sakamoto is when it comes to metroid

[spoiler]

on a tangential note, i only just got the juvenile wordplay in other m's title

goonish

i bet sakamoto thought that was pure genius[/spoiler]

Thyme

Quote from: Tectron on March 28, 2017, 11:23:14 PM
[spoiler]

on a tangential note, i only just got the juvenile wordplay in other m's title

goonish

i bet sakamoto thought that was pure genius[/spoiler]

idgi :(

YPrrrr

Damn that jimquisition article is 2edgy4me

I don't know what anyone expected it seems to exactly accomplish what it was trying to do lol. If you released banjo or mario64 now they'd similarly be panned

C.Mongler

uh mario 64 is still probably the best 3d platformer ever made, it's aged gloriously lol

that jim review is silly, he whines about all the problems snake pass has and then ends it by recommending snake pass

YPrrrr

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 04, 2017, 10:37:01 AM
uh mario 64 is still probably the best 3d platformer ever made, it's aged gloriously lol

that jim review is silly, he whines about all the problems snake pass has and then ends it by recommending snake pass
idk I've seen playthroughs of Mario 64 complain about camera angles and misleading depth perception. It surely isn't the best anymore, best for its time, sure

C.Mongler

then what's the best now? honestly lol, they've always been shit. it's only maybe been beaten by galaxy but i'd attribute that to more open level design than anything lol

TooB

I wonder how many of these reviews are negative because jontron is no longer in it lol

But yeah, these reviews are all like, "this game feels like it came outta the 90's, games have come a long way since then."

If that's the case, mission accomplished. THATS EXACTLY WHAT THEY WERE TRYING TO DO.

Go Up