April 19, 2024, 12:03:40 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The sorry state of gaming

Started by reeper, October 03, 2015, 10:07:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 04, 2017, 11:01:53 AM
then what's the best now? honestly lol, they've always been shit. it's only maybe been beaten by galaxy but i'd attribute that to more open level design than anything lol
conker

YPrrrr

then what's the best now? honestly lol, they've always been shit. it's only maybe been beaten by galaxy but i'd attribute that to more open level design than anything lol
idk honestly because I don't play many lololol

Sly Cooper?

It'd just be sad to me if that's where it peaked in like bloody 95

C.Mongler

i never played sly so i cant really comment. conker felt more or less the same to me, though rare was one of the first to make use of third person over the shoulder in that game (heh fuck u re4)

i think things have gotten better just out of sheer hardware capabilities, both in terms of being able to process the viewpoint of the world without dropping the game to like 3 fps when you rotate the camera, and ya know, dual analog sticks, but i wouldn't say we've come leaps and bounds in the sense that FPS games have for example.

Samus Aran

that jim review just kinda sounds like he was really bad at games in the n64 era, and mis-remembers his troubles as being the games' faults

that meta is pretty low though, idk lol

C.Mongler

yeah i'm gonna reserve judgement until i can play it myself, but 2/10 is such a radically low score that it sounds kinda like he's just blowing steam; that's a score reserved for games that are just complete technical messes, not just games that are just boring or uninspired, which is what the game seemed to be at worst from a glance. but maybe it is a mess, I DON'T KNOW YET

TooB

Yeah but Jim is full of it.

But all negatives I've seen say pretty much the same thing; that it feels to dated, and complaints about the "voices."

Which, honestly, what the hell did you expect? They showed all that prior to release.

If it feels the same as the toybox demo, then the controls are pretty dang good. So I can't agree on that complaint.

rdl

this jim guy is just the lavar ball of video games. idgaf who he is.

i heard yooka laylee is just boring. i mean you can tell by the trailers, it just feels empty. platformers need to have the atmosphere, and most games don't get it right. breath of the wild would be just another crappy open world fantasy game if it didnt have that atmsophere and polish.

so, its a problem of polish afaik. itd be cool if they teamed up with rare and made banjo threeie.

Samus Aran

Quote from: ADX on April 04, 2017, 09:02:31 PM
so, its a problem of polish afaik. itd be cool if they teamed up with rare and made banjo threeie.

uhh the people who made this ARE the Rare personnel who were involved with Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie

they'd be teaming up with a company who no longer gives a shit nor has the right employees anymore

rdl

YPrrrr

April 05, 2017, 07:41:59 AM #279 Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 07:45:11 AM by YPargh
Quote from: steal on April 05, 2017, 02:26:46 AM
i agree with this - i can't think of a single worthy post-n64 3D platformer worth a shit that doesn't have the word mario somewhere in the title.

someone prove me wrong
Sly Cooper, Prince of Persia, Jak, Ratchet and Clank, Psychonauts

Mirrors edge if you're kaz

ME##

i kept reading rdx's last sentence as there being an issue with pollacks and i was trying to figure out how they figured into video game development outside of the witcher

Thyme

TooB

Does Uncharted count as a platformer?

At least 50 percent

C.Mongler

what's platformy about it you hold x and forward and off ya go

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 05, 2017, 11:25:13 AM
what's platformy about it you hold x and forward and off ya go
yeah, well....

Shut up....

Go Up