The Only Vestige of Happiness at the Sorry Company of Sony: PlayStation 4

Started by ME##, August 04, 2015, 03:31:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on September 09, 2016, 07:28:51 AM
from a jap interview that may just be talking about publisher costs and not end-user costs AND may just be referring to older ps4 titles not newly released ones

but 4k/pro updates might not be free lol

Quote from: http://www.polygon.com/2016/9/9/12861310/ps4-pro-4k-hdr-patch-feeA representative for Sony told Polygon that the company "will not charge consumers for patches." We've asked Sony to clarify whether that applies only to games published by Sony Interactive Entertainment, and will update when we hear back.

Jack Sipich, founder of developer Absinthe Games, said in a NeoGAF post that developers "are not allowed to charge you for patches or [PS4 Pro] feature updates."

don't let's

I patiently wait for the day when all patches are paid DLC

I mean, some of them basically are already, but still

(Or a subscription service)

bluaki

Quote from: Thyme on September 09, 2016, 07:50:57 AM
Quote from: squirrelfriend on September 08, 2016, 11:08:49 PM
why do you need three usb ports

yeah lol

back in the days i would have needed 3 with my 2-ports PS3:
one for the controller
one for the rock band adapters
one for a usb stick

but now with spotify and the lack of video media transfer there's not much need for a usb stick
and harmonix is like a small activision now so fuck them tbh
Having a USB port on the back can be useful if you have any USB accessories you want to keep connected, like the PSVR box, without USB cables sticking out the front. I'd be surprised if PSVR is not the entire reason they added that port.

Wii U actually has 4 USB ports, but that's still occasionally not enough for me, mostly because all of those ports have low enough power output that every accessory needs two of them. An external hard drive and two Smash Bros adapters (for playing with 5-8 people) by itself requires 6 USB ports. You can still use them all at the same time, but only if you connect the power-only half of the Y-cables to another device with spare USB ports.

I've used a PS4's USB spare ports to make up for the Wii U not having enough hocuspocus;

C.Mongler

Quote from: Tectron on September 09, 2016, 08:53:16 PM
Quote from: C.Mongler on September 09, 2016, 07:28:51 AM
from a jap interview that may just be talking about publisher costs and not end-user costs AND may just be referring to older ps4 titles not newly released ones

but 4k/pro updates might not be free lol

Quote from: http://www.polygon.com/2016/9/9/12861310/ps4-pro-4k-hdr-patch-feeA representative for Sony told Polygon that the company "will not charge consumers for patches." We've asked Sony to clarify whether that applies only to games published by Sony Interactive Entertainment, and will update when we hear back.

Jack Sipich, founder of developer Absinthe Games, said in a NeoGAF post that developers "are not allowed to charge you for patches or [PS4 Pro] feature updates."

neat, yeah the translations i saw were a bit of a clusterfuck so i wasn't sure what was going to be the final say on that lol

TooB

Kalahari Inkantation

i can't be the only one who actually really likes the way the PS4HDâ,,˘ looks, right

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

it's far superior to the original ps4's design imo, three layers looks much more balanced than two and i greatly prefer its rounded finish to the original's aggressively angular one

the placement of the disc drive and frontal usb ports is so much more logical on this model, and i love how the light strip and power/eject buttons now share the same unbroken strip of plastic right on the face of the system

and the relative uniformity of the chassis is æsthæticælly pleasing compared to the original's bipolar housing

[spoiler][/spoiler]

isn't that cute

this is my favorite console design from sony since the original ps3, after a seemingly endless streak of uglies

so much more thought went into this than simply 'not a rectangle, but.... a rhombus !!'

now every .5 generations, all the need to do is add an extra layer lol

C.Mongler

by original ps3 do you mean the slim ps3

because you surely can't be talking about this fucking fattie

Kalahari Inkantation

you best believe i'm talking about that fucking fattie

the original ps3 is the only bbw for me

C.Mongler

man im packing my shit to move right now and i tell you what the OG ps3 is most obnoxiously designed thing to have to pack into a box with other slim, perfectly rectangular things

i really shoulda got a slim while i could have, the super slim is somehow even uglier than the original

Thyme

strongbad

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on September 29, 2016, 07:39:51 AM
man im packing my shit to move right now and i tell you what the OG ps3 is most obnoxiously designed thing to have to pack into a box with other slim, perfectly rectangular things

i really shoulda got a slim while i could have, the super slim is somehow even uglier than the original

there's no argument about the ps3 being unweildy and cumbersome but it's not designed to be moved, ever

it's designed to sit proudly as a trophy at the center of your entertainment system and admired by all

i love it for the same reasons i love my 450lb bedridden wife

Quote from: Thyme on September 29, 2016, 07:40:08 AM
tec likes 'em thicc

^^

TooB

Go Up