The Only Vestige of Happiness at the Sorry Company of Sony: PlayStation 4

Started by ME##, August 04, 2015, 03:31:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

http://www.themarysue.com/sony-mobile-gaming-post-pokemon-go/

lmao sony

there is not a single sony "character" or ip with the same universal recognition and appeal as the the average nintendo character has, and if they're looking to pokemon go as a model for success, all they'll find themselves with is another playstation """all-stars""" battle royale-esque embarrassment on their hands

squirrelfriend

isn't cloud on super smash Bros. now for some reason despite never appearing on a nintendo console
he's pretty much the only playstation exclusive character that has recognition

C.Mongler

for anyone dumb enough to buy a PSVR, apparently sega is making some sort of space channel 5 demo

http://sc5-vr.com/

C.Mongler

well nintendo managed to kill themselves at not even their own event today, can sony do the same??? stay tuned folks!!!

C.Mongler

i can't tell if it's latency on my end or if these 4k demos are...using cinematic framerates

C.Mongler

also this feels more like a sony tv sell than a ps4 pro one lol

Samus Aran

not that i'm a framerate whore or anything but shouldn't we be more concerned about standardizing 60fps than standardizing 4k resolution?? seems more important to me

TooB

Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on September 07, 2016, 12:26:49 PM
not that i'm a framerate whore or anything but shouldn't we be more concerned about standardizing 60fps than standardizing 4k resolution?? seems more important to me
i think many would agree.

TooB

So when are the 4k remasters of each and every hd  remaster coming?

C.Mongler

i think they said the games will be kind of dynamic based on display, so if you're using a 1080p things might up to 60fps if they've been patched to do so...maybe?

that'd be alright

depending on the cost of this damn thing lol

TooB

As long as future games still work on my regular ps4, I have no immediate interest in this thing...

Unless.....

4k makes text unreadable on my hdtv, a la 360 and ps3 on my tube tv....

Goddammit, that's gonna be the case, isn't it?

TooB

Also, is a 4k tv not gonna be enough?

Am I gonna have to buy a 4k, hdr tv?

C.Mongler

C.Mongler

also i'm sure this is mostly just 4k upscalling and not rendering if that wasn't obvious, but they totally danced around saying it definitively lol

C.Mongler

HERE'S SOME DUDE FROM THE REDDIT:

QuoteThe Ps4 Pro both does and doesnt support 4k. It Does output 4k and HDR images to the TV, but the way they render it is interesting.
The Ps4 Pro has twice the power a normal Ps4, but 4k would need 4 times the power. What they do its render in a checkerboard pattern, and alternate it. That means that instead of rendering 4 pixels per "1080p" pixel, they render 2, and the next frame they render the other 2.
Then they use high quality temporal antialiasing to smooth it out.
Think of it as a really really fancy interlacing. Developers dont really need to use the power for that, they can also chose to keep the 1080p resolution and get more framerates or improved graphics.

Go Up