C.Mongler

i really wish they made a dualshock 4 without the damn lights at all lol

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 23, 2016, 06:14:52 AM
i really wish they made a dualshock 4 without the damn lights at all lol
I do too. I mean, only one game actually uses it

Until Dawn

Thyme

and tearaway unfolded doesn't actually use it but it sort of... pretends to? lol

great game btw hocuspocus;

TooB

Quote from: lonely-overweight on August 23, 2016, 09:56:24 AM
and tearaway unfolded doesn't actually use it but it sort of... pretends to? lol

great game btw hocuspocus;
I actually forgot about that one.

I guess I figured it would

bluaki

More PlayStation stuff: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/23/playstation-now-coming-to-pc-dualshock-4-usb-wireless-adaptor-unveiled/

* PlayStation Now coming to PC (Windows/MacOS)
* DualShock 4 USB Wireless adapter launching in early September for US$25
* Unlike normal Bluetooth adapters, Sony's adapter only supports one wireless controller at a time
* For use with PS Now and PS Remote Play, the adapter/driver supports all the controller features for touchpad, motion, rumble, etc.
* Sony does not officially support using DS4 controllers on PC with any other Bluetooth adapters.

It seems strange to not use normal Bluetooth adapters, but it kinda makes sense considering Microsoft's complete mess of a Bluetooth subsystem.

C.Mongler

ME##

Kalahari Inkantation

also i actually really like the look of the slim, minus the enormous gap between the two usb ports (jesus, how stingy are they that they refuse to simply add two more)

i think i might even prefer it to the original design, although i've always felt pretty indifferent about the original's look

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: bluaki on August 22, 2016, 10:47:56 PM
Sony listened to people's complaints that the DualShock 4's light bar consumes too much power in the best possible way

https://twitter.com/ZRZtweet/status/767806120782077953

[spoiler]they added a second light bar

or maybe it's the same light just exposed in two spots[/spoiler]

never once have i seen the light bar used meaningfully in any game

i can't imagine what their rationale for adding a second must be

all it does is distract and detract from the experience when gaming in the dark awdood;

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on August 28, 2016, 06:34:10 PM
also i actually really like the look of the slim, minus the enormous gap between the two usb ports (jesus, how stingy are they that they refuse to simply add two more)

i think i might even prefer it to the original design, although i've always felt pretty indifferent about the original's look
the original is pretty meh yeah, but i think the console needs some contrast, it being entirely matte just makes it look even more like a set-top box from your cable company lol

and yeah, four usb ports would be nice
Quote from: Tectron on August 28, 2016, 06:37:35 PM
Quote from: bluaki on August 22, 2016, 10:47:56 PM
Sony listened to people's complaints that the DualShock 4's light bar consumes too much power in the best possible way

https://twitter.com/ZRZtweet/status/767806120782077953

[spoiler]they added a second light bar

or maybe it's the same light just exposed in two spots[/spoiler]

never once have i seen the light bar used meaningfully in any game

i can't imagine what their rationale for adding a second must be

all it does is distract and detract from the experience when gaming in the dark awdood;

all it does is kill the battery life of the controller*

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 22, 2016, 09:44:49 AM
lol ps+ price increase

we'll see how this affects the discount ebay 1 year cards, but i might drop off ps+ because of it. in almost a year ive gotten 0 games from the freebies that i want to play and i dont play my ps4 online so i dont really give a fuk lol

sony on ps4 neo: 'we want the pc audience!!!!!!!!'

great thinking kaz, exorbitant prices for a """service""" that's entirely free on pc is sure to attract those pc gamers

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: David on August 28, 2016, 06:40:26 PM
Quote from: Tectron on August 28, 2016, 06:34:10 PM

the original is pretty meh yeah, but i think the console needs some contrast, it being entirely matte just makes it look even more like a set-top box from your cable company lol

the all-matte design didn't even stand out to me as novel because my current ps4 is already all matte lol

but you're right, the mixed design of the release model did add some personality to an otherwise pretty plain looking box

Quote from: David on August 28, 2016, 06:40:26 PM
all it does is kill the battery life of the controller*

ugh, that too awdood;

Go Up