The Only Vestige of Happiness at the Sorry Company of Sony: PlayStation 4

Started by ME##, August 04, 2015, 03:31:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Tectron on December 23, 2015, 06:58:53 PM
also, the sorry excuse for a """mic""" this thing comes with is has to be the cheapest, flimsiest piece of plastic waste i've ever seen
I mean it is a free mic

so oh well.

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Kalahari Inkantation

>offer 14 day """free""" trial for ps piss

>unavailable to anyone who redeemed that month of the shit service sony offered as compensation for its massive psn fuck;-up a few years ago

goodjob;

Kalahari Inkantation

i love how the only options provided for sharing a captured image or video clip are upload to fuck;book or upload to tw@tter 5thgrade;

Samus Aran

Thyme

THYME FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Pros:

The controller. It may already be my favorite of all time. I've never felt like I had a solid grip on a controller as much as with this one. The sticks are precise, the shoulder buttons are near perfect (maybe a bit TOO sensitive? I press them by mistake sometimes), at first I thought the face buttons may be a bit too small but no, if anything they're a bit more accessible.

The way you can use the PS button while playing a game and check your messages or change your settings and stuff. The PS3 had something similar with the semi-transparent black overlay but it felt much more sluggish and less seamless than with the PS4. This just feels natural, and there's less "uh no you need to turn off your game to continue".

The share button is p. nice. The options for instant online sharing are lackluster like Tec pointed out, but you can always put them on a USB stick or something, tho I'd agree you shouldn't have to do that in 2015. But I like that it exists, and I like that it continuously records your last few minutes of gameplay and you can watch it and get a screen capture from the video and send the picture to a friend and all this while the game is still running.

Sleep mode is p. nice too. I can recharge my controller with low energy consumption and if I had a game running I can go back anytime.

Cons:

That clusterfuck of a menu. I prefered the XMB. akudood;
They put a whole lot of stuff I don't ever intend to use on the front and I would have like to be able to remove them.
Folders would have been nice too. Like a "stuff I don't ever intend to use" folder, like in iOS.

Tacky gimmicks on the controller. Like I said, it feels really nice, but the touchpad and that light on the front are unnecessary additions imo.

I hate knowing that I'll have to buy PS+ if I want to see the ghosts and the messages and be able to summon players in From Software games. Otherwise, you guys know me, I'm not much of an online multiplayer guy, but ugh.

Uhh can't think of much else as far as cons go. I'm liking it so far.
I CAN'T WAIT TO ACTUALLY HAVE GAMES FOR IT

Samus Aran

i'm also not a huge fan of the new menu. like it's fine, it works well enough, but the xmb was organized in a much more natural way that never got confusing

hey, at least it's better than the xbone dashboard

Thyme

Quote from: Tectron on December 27, 2015, 04:02:58 PM
>offer 14 day """free""" trial for ps piss

>unavailable to anyone who redeemed that month of the shit service sony offered as compensation for its massive psn fuck;-up a few years ago

goodjob;

isn't it available just to new subscribers?
that makes it unavailable to a whole lot more people than just those who redeemed their free month

TooB

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on December 31, 2015, 11:14:32 AM
i'm also not a huge fan of the new menu. like it's fine, it works well enough, but the xmb was organized in a much more natural way that never got confusing

hey, at least it's better than the xbone dashboard
MUCH better.

bluaki

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on December 31, 2015, 11:14:32 AM
I never liked XMB. The kind of categories they offer aren't distinct enough and every device I've seen use it seems to give you a giant vertical list in one category (like "Game" in PS3 and "Video" in Sony Blu-Ray players)

Separate categories for "TV/Video Services", "Video", and "Music" seems excessive with some ambiguity. Where do PS Store movies go? Not in "TV/Video Services".
Does "Remote Play" belong in the "PlayStation Network" or "Network" category?
Are Trophies in "Game" or "PlayStation Network"?
Do storage management and game saves go in "Settings" or "Game"?
Is PSN account settings in "Settings" or "PlayStation Network"?
Is "Chat Settings" in "Friends", "PlayStation Network" or "Settings"?
Is "Power" in "Settings" or "Users"?

I like a grid of games much better than a vertical list that fills like 5 screens on my system.

That said, I think both PS4 and PS3 have a much better interface than Vita's disorganized bubbles. Even Nintendo (who always sucks at OS design) managed to make a nicer gaming-handheld system UI on 3DS than Sony did with Vita.

C.Mongler

ME##

Commander Fuckass

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Tectron on December 30, 2015, 11:27:26 PM
i love how the only options provided for sharing a captured image or video clip are upload to fuck;book or upload to tw@tter 5thgrade;
are you sure? I remember uploading this to YouTube from my PS4

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlC13xTcd80[/youtube]

Kalahari Inkantation

yeah youtube is an option for videos but for photos you're limited to twitterbook or copying it to a usb drive akudood;

Go Up