September 25, 2024, 05:48:22 AM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Renewed State of The Last Guardian

Started by ME##, June 15, 2015, 06:26:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

started this and i fucking love it immediately

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on January 07, 2017, 10:53:07 PM
started this and i fucking love it immediately
let me know if your enthusiasm stays this way.

Hiro

glad nyerp's with me on this
I'm about halfway through but can't play anymore for about a week (gf is out of town and we're playing it together) but man trico is fantastic
the controls are a bit odd but it's fine once you figure them out

TooB

I like how everyone who likes this game is like, "the controls are a bit awkward, but you get used to them."

hmmm... sounds like the other two Team ICO games to me.

C.Mongler

it's somehow worse than sotc tbh lol mostly i feel like that game was more forgiving when you dont do the "expected" input where this game throws you off a cliff half the time

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on January 08, 2017, 07:56:12 AM
it's somehow worse than sotc tbh lol mostly i feel like that game was more forgiving when you dont do the "expected" input where this game throws you off a cliff half the time
idk, from the few hours I've played, the kid controls exactly the same as ico and wander. I don't really feel that much of a difference

C.Mongler

i mean he literally does, i'm talking about the environments having a bigger impact on how detrimental that is though

Hiro

Quote from: Big Goop on January 08, 2017, 12:00:53 AM
I like how everyone who likes this game is like, "the controls are a bit awkward, but you get used to them."

nah sotc's controls were perfect and ico's were solid

and yeah the kid moves just like the others but i'm talking more about the button layout

TooB

Quote from: ƕɾο on January 08, 2017, 12:32:25 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on January 08, 2017, 12:00:53 AM

nah sotc's controls were perfect and ico's were solid

and yeah the kid moves just like the others but i'm talking more about the button layout
yeah, the button layout is pretty much the same.

And I'll just let the sotc controls statement slide.

Hiro

uhhhhh I'm saying the button layout is odd in this game vs perfect in sotc and solid in ico
button layout isn't the same at all really
also no fuck you sotc's controls are perfect, tell me what issues you had with them

TooB

First you tell me what's so different in button layout.

Because to me, they're all basically the same, like triangle being jump in all 3 games.

C.Mongler

yeah why cant i press x to jason like in every one of my other video games >:|

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on January 09, 2017, 05:14:16 AM
yeah why cant i press x to jason like in every one of my other video games >:|
thats r1 in this game.

Kalahari Inkantation

i'll buy it when it's $20 but i'm as disappointed as i am unsurprised that this turned out to be utterly unremarkable at best, at least according to reviews

and to make matters worse, it sets an awful precedent for adequate performance being a ps4 pro-exclusive luxury

tfw it might actually have been better for all of us had this game forever remained vaporware

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on January 14, 2017, 10:23:27 PM
i'll buy it when it's $20 but i'm as disappointed as i am unsurprised that this turned out to be utterly unremarkable at best, at least according to reviews

and to make matters worse, it sets an awful precedent for adequate performance being a ps4 pro-exclusive luxury

tfw it might actually have been better for all of us had this game forever remained vaporware
confuseddood;

Go Up