June 23, 2024, 12:20:09 PM

1,531,270 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Renewed State of The Last Guardian

Started by ME##, June 15, 2015, 06:26:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

It also kinda surprises me that THIS game turned out to be the disappointing, "Long Development Cycle" game instead of FF XV

rdl

Yeah, at this point I'm feeling like FFXV is underrated and I think a lot of people get the same vibe. The plot has some Sonic 06-ness to it, but it's a solid jrpg, almost reminds me of ToS for some reason. Just a bunch of dudes traveling around having a good time.

TooB

I guess I'm not sure what you mean by "Sonic 06 vibe."

rdl

the empire! oh no, evil generic medieval guards! these bad guys have no souls so its ok if we kill them.

also the character design + animation for NPCs is very sonic 06.

Commander Fuckass

I wanna buy it...but Im still not done with FFXV
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

TooB

Quote from: ADX on December 05, 2016, 12:04:54 PM
the empire! oh no, evil generic medieval guards! these bad guys have no souls so its ok if we kill them.

also the character design + animation for NPCs is very sonic 06.
oh i see. Yeah, especially with npc's lol.

But I really like the simplicity of the story, especially after the convoluted xiii

rdl

also flying battleships that aren't animated

yeah i think lack of story is alright, makes it appeal more to the older crowd. i dont play jrpgs anymore specifically because of the plot

TooB

Quote from: ADX on December 05, 2016, 12:19:14 PM
also flying battleships that aren't animated

yeah i think lack of story is alright, makes it appeal more to the older crowd. i dont play jrpgs anymore specifically because of the plot
well, its not really "lack of story." It's just simpler than more recent FFs have been

Samus Aran

i'm not sure if i'm picking this game up or not tbh

Thyme

Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on December 05, 2016, 01:44:37 PM
i'm not sure if i'm picking this game up or not tbh

same :/

[spoiler]jim didn't like it so[/spoiler]

Nyerp

i don't care how shit it is i'm still buying it

Samus Aran

i am too, i just meant i'm not sure if i'm picking it up tomorrow when it releases

probably not for now. but we'll see.

Hiro

i'm sad that i didn't get it yesterday i'm struggling to figure out how to get the collector's edition ASAP

Hiro

I GOT THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION YESTERDAY
The figure and art book are niiiiiiiiiiice
Played the game on David's PS4 for like 3 hours and it's amazing so far

C.Mongler

i started playing probably a little over 2 hours in

i'm kind of...bored? like the controls are fucking awful, trico just slows everything down, and the rest just feels like the worst parts of 'wheres the ledge i can latch onto?' parts of uncharted.

i dunno im gonna play through to the end as a SotC fanatic and hope theres a tasty plot in this somewhere, but man it's kind of painful tbh

looks nice though! (when the framerate doesn't drop out!)

Go Up