April 23, 2024, 03:54:04 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Renewed State of The Last Guardian

Started by ME##, June 15, 2015, 06:26:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

rdl

ff should be turn based always. any ff that isnt turn based sucks by default

TooB

Quote from: ADX on October 23, 2016, 05:55:41 PM
ff should be turn based always. any ff that isnt turn based sucks by default
and for reasons like that

Kalahari Inkantation

November 22, 2016, 05:46:51 PM #62 Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 08:18:44 PM by Tectron
Quote from: Big Goop on October 23, 2016, 05:30:39 PM
Quote from: squirrelfriend on October 23, 2016, 05:24:00 PM
biggest disappointment of the year: final fantasy xv or the last guardian
in all honesty, even if it's still a good game, I guarantee that XV will still be shat on

not only that, but tlg will be given a pass for being shallow because it's a team ico game with ten years of hype behind it

Kalahari Inkantation

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/the-last-guardian-creator-note/

i still have my fingers crossed that there's much more to this game than the promo material implies but we'll see

TooB

Does that note come with the game? Cause that would be sweet.

Kalahari Inkantation

it comes with the review kit

would be nice if it came with general release of the game too but no word on that

C.Mongler

WE'RE MERE HOURS AWAY FROM THE REVIEW E M B A R G O L I F T B O Y S

PLACE YOUR BETS!!!!

im optimistic, the PSX trailer actually made it seem like a damn game and the previews ive heard thus far have been mostly positive, so I'm hoping for solid 8s here

which would be cool cuz then i have a use for this best buy b2g1 sale lololol

Thyme

C.Mongler

lmao reviews are all over the fucking place, some people are like 10/10 GOAT!!! and there's been a few 4/10s too lol. all in all it's settled in the low 80s on average, so probably gonna pick it up since SotC is like my top 3 vidjas, so whatever

C.Mongler

u think i've actually read a review instead of just looked at the number???? pffft

rdl

ive read them its basically ico with "chase sequences". so ico with a plot.

id probably rent it. send it back to blockbuster after a week, idk.

C.Mongler

read a couple reviews now, sounds like kind of a mix of ico and SotC, leaning much heavier on the ico side as at its core it's a puzzle-platforming action game. you climb on your giant dog like he's a colossus tho, and control him for most of the combat, which is much better than ico's shit combat was.

apparently the dog runs entirely on AI and not pre-scripted sequences, so he can be a dumbass sometimes. controls are typical clunky shit for a team ico game so that sucks but not unexpected. and apparently it has some garbo frame drops on normie ps4's, but as a bloodborne player i guess i'll live lol

Quote from: ADX on December 05, 2016, 09:57:07 AM
blockbuster

lol. but yeah it's like 13 hours long so if you're not a collector than yeah it's probably a good rental. on the other hand it's like twice as long as shadow of the colossus, so that 7 years went to somethin i guess!!!

TooB

I like that apparently making Trico "realistic" is what drags the experience down the most, since he doesn't always listen to you, from what I read

TooB

In all honesty though, I never thought that these guys' games were perfect.

I loved ICO, and of course I LOVED SotC, but they had control issuesm they had camera/framerate issues (mostly fixed by the HD collection), and they had things not everyone could get past, like the "no enemies in SotC aside from bosses, or the no enemies really at all in ICO, except when you have to defend Yorda.

It just seems to me that reviewers are less forgiving this time around because they've kinda seen this twice before.

But IDK.

From what I can gather, If you like ICO, you'll know almost exactly what to expect here.

Go Up