May 02, 2024, 12:54:58 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Renewed State of The Last Guardian

Started by ME##, June 15, 2015, 06:26:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

June 15, 2016, 09:54:19 AM #45 Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 10:02:51 AM by Loto
I guess what I'm also trying to say, is not so much about the controls themselves, but rather the horse behavior.

So, sorry i shared my one personal flaw with this game.

Kalahari Inkantation

C.Mongler

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: https://www.engadget.com/2016/09/12/the-last-guardian-delay-december-6th-release-date/
When we played The Last Guardian at E3, we suggested it was "an incomplete opus." During a 45-minute play session, we encountered some severe camera problems, graphical glitches, collision issues and a physics bug that propelled the protagonist 20 feet into the air. Hopefully the extra six weeks is enough time for Ueda and the rest of his team to get the game up to standards.

C.Mongler

yeah i'm not holding out for anything else coming out this year to be actually good at this point lmao

Nyerp

TooB

Oh well. This will help with my game budget for October now.

C.Mongler

TRIGGER WARNING: polygon article

http://www.polygon.com/2016/9/15/12914554/last-guardian-gameplay-video-tgs-demo-hands-on

lol

QuoteMany of my problems with this short demo of The Last Guardian can be summed up neatly in one sentence: It feels like a PlayStation 2 game. I love a lot of PlayStation 2 games, but in the decade-plus since that was my console of choice, I've grown used to such novelties as responsive character movement and a camera that isn't shitty.

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on September 15, 2016, 09:31:05 AM
TRIGGER WARNING: polygon article

http://www.polygon.com/2016/9/15/12914554/last-guardian-gameplay-video-tgs-demo-hands-on

lol

QuoteMany of my problems with this short demo of The Last Guardian can be summed up neatly in one sentence: It feels like a PlayStation 2 game. I love a lot of PlayStation 2 games, but in the decade-plus since that was my console of choice, I've grown used to such novelties as responsive character movement and a camera that isn't shitty.

yeah, but this is team ico.

Both of their previous games had unresponsive character movement and at least, not great cameras.

C.Mongler

i mean that's true, but it's also 2016, not 2005, where semi-janky controls and camera movements were part of the normal gaming experience for the most part. it's a valid criticism.

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on September 15, 2016, 10:21:27 AM
i mean that's true, but it's also 2016, not 2005, where semi-janky controls and camera movements were part of the normal gaming experience for the most part. it's a valid criticism.
it is, for sure. But at the same time, I honestly was kind of expecting it

TooB

squirrelfriend

biggest disappointment of the year: final fantasy xv or the last guardian

TooB

Quote from: squirrelfriend on October 23, 2016, 05:24:00 PM
biggest disappointment of the year: final fantasy xv or the last guardian
in all honesty, even if it's still a good game, I guarantee that XV will still be shat on

Go Up