March 28, 2024, 01:44:37 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Dark Souls III

Started by TooB, June 09, 2015, 01:49:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

[spoiler]i think i did everything in the dlc except kill that stupid fucking dragon. the "ending" was weak as fuck. also nice job ruining your old monk rehash by adding in a respawning npc that heals the boss.

honestly i don't know if i'll ever feel like beating the dragon. i didn't really enjoy this dlc that much!!!!!!![/spoiler]

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on March 29, 2017, 01:34:14 PM
[spoiler]i think i did everything in the dlc except kill that stupid fucking dragon. the "ending" was weak as fuck. also nice job ruining your old monk rehash by adding in a respawning npc that heals the boss.

honestly i don't know if i'll ever feel like beating the dragon. i didn't really enjoy this dlc that much!!!!!!![/spoiler]
[spoiler]complaining about the ending in a dark souls game.... [/spoiler]
But anyway, I'm enjoying the dlc so far

Nyerp

Quote from: Big Goop on March 29, 2017, 10:02:53 PM
Quote from: Nyerp on March 29, 2017, 01:34:14 PM

[spoiler]complaining about the ending in a dark souls game.... [/spoiler]
But anyway, I'm enjoying the dlc so far

[spoiler=actual spoilers don't click]*complaining about the ending in the LAST piece of content in a dark souls game EVER. there's not even a cutscene. the whole of the two dlcs is just a side story about some npc who's never even mentioned in the base game. you get to go to a LOST CITY AT THE END OF THE WORLD TO GET THE DARK SOUL!!!! oh wait this underdeveloped npc beat you to it so you just kill him and give his "blood of the dark soul" to the painting girl who just thanks you and continues to sit there, doing nothing forever[/spoiler]

TooB

Oh well, til the next Dark Souls.

TooB

Finished Ringed City. That final boss was awesome. Definitely one of my favorite DS bosses.

I thought this was a great piece of dlc.

Much better than Ashes

TooB

[spoiler]also, nice to see kalameet return [/spoiler]

Nyerp

[spoiler]but it's not kalameet. unless you're just pointing out how similar they are. kalameet was a way better fight either way[/spoiler]

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on March 30, 2017, 07:21:49 PM
[spoiler]but it's not kalameet. unless you're just pointing out how similar they are. kalameet was a way better fight either way[/spoiler]
[spoiler]yes it was a joke. Actually, I liked this dragon better [/spoiler]

Nyerp

Oh.......................................................good for you.................

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on March 30, 2017, 07:31:28 PM
Oh.......................................................good for you.................
.........yeah......you.....too...

Nyerp

March 30, 2017, 10:50:55 PM #400 Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:53:58 PM by Nyerp
you know, after attempting that boss a few (dozen) more times, i think i've misjudged him. he's not one of the worst bosses or anything.

[spoiler]he's THE worst boss. in this game, and possibly the whole franchise. here's why:

1. ridiculous pool of hp guarantees that the fight will last 10 or more minutes
2. only really takes damage through his head, meaning it's one of those fights where you're chasing one body part around (like cutting off a ds1 boss's tail, only you HAVE to do it now!!)
3. CONSTANTLY breaks the lock-on. whether you've gotten too close during his combo strings (which all propel him forward) or he's decided to fly up to reset his position/spray fire, your lock-on abilities are fucked and now you're scrambling with the right stick so you don't get instakilled by fire or get clipped by another of his swings. this is mostly caused by him inexplicably only having one lock-on position
4. speaking of fire, he's constantly spraying it everywhere, and even if the tiniest little flame of it touches you while he's barfing it on the ground, you'll always take a fixed amount of damage and get knocked over. because that makes sense.
5. like the similarly awful sinh from ds2, midir loves to play keepaway. found the perfect opportunity to attack his head? nope, now he's all the way across the map, firing lasers at you. another thing to extend the length of the fight. fun.
6. he has this charge attack that has almost no telegraphing animation. he just suddenly slides across the arena somehow. also that one really long combo he does literally just wastes your time since it's almost impossible to reach his head at the end of it
7. the laser orgasm attack at the start of phase 2 is just fucking stupid
8. i've never made it past number 7 but i bet there's even more bullshit after it. but i'll never know!!!!!

dragon bosses in these games can fuck off and die forever. yes i'm mad

gael and the demons were cool tho[/spoiler]

TooB

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Big Goop on March 28, 2017, 11:57:08 PM
Quote from: Tectron on March 28, 2017, 11:46:52 PM
also, i guess that means i'm pretty much finished with the base game now

trigger endgame or start dlc first y/n
i'd say just fight the final boss to get it done.
Like DS2, the ng+ doesnt start til you sit at the shrine fire and select to start a ng

well, i wanted to get the endgame trophy grind out of the way first before proceeding on to more interesting things, but fromsoft has made some of the covenant reward items inexcusably difficult to obtain

it would be a shame if this turned out to be the only souls game i didn't platinum but fuck; it, i don't have 47 hours to waste on tedious nonsense and for now it's time to move on

Quote from: Nyerp on March 28, 2017, 11:55:45 PM
wait......you had problems with the FIRST part of the fight??? psyduck;

anyway i'm really not a fan of some of the FUCKING enemy placement in the ringed city. some parts seem designed so that you'll just get frustrated and run past them

yes, it took me much longer to get the hang of the first part than the second lol >.<

Nyerp

[spoiler]ok i finally beat midir like 20 levels later but the covenant doesn't even work because my account is too old. fuck you fromsoft awdood;[/spoiler]

Go Up