June 27, 2024, 11:13:42 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Dark Souls III

Started by TooB, June 09, 2015, 01:49:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

beat yhorm

[spoiler]the fight was made incredibly easy by the fact that siegward joined me for the fight, as i guess i actually managed to do his questline correctly[/spoiler]

Nyerp

[spoiler]i haven't seen siegward since undead settlement :([/spoiler]

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on April 21, 2016, 12:24:01 PM
[spoiler]i haven't seen siegward since undead settlement :([/spoiler]

I pretty much found him by accident after that.

[spoiler=siegward spoilers]he's stuck in a well right at the beginning of the cathedral of the Deep, but only if you've met Patches I think, as Patches stole his armor and you need to buy it from Patches and throw it down the well. Then you meet him again later in Irithyll and Irithyll Dungeon.[/spoiler]

Nyerp

Quote from: Loto on April 20, 2016, 10:48:03 PM
Quote from: Nyerp on April 20, 2016, 09:33:08 PM
[spoiler=secret area spoilers]champion gundyr and ancient wyvern down

is there a trophy for discovering smouldering lake? i have trophies for discovering untended graves (lame) and archdragon peak (cool so far) but not one for the lake. it could be a spot for a covenant trophy but i hope i didn't miss a trophy due to some glitch[/spoiler]
[spoiler]no theres no trophy for finding smouldering lake.
also, I hope you really like the boss in archdragon peak. its very cool.[/spoiler]

i dont like that boss awdood;

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on April 21, 2016, 04:20:11 PM
Quote from: Loto on April 20, 2016, 10:48:03 PM
Quote from: Nyerp on April 20, 2016, 09:33:08 PM
[spoiler=secret area spoilers]champion gundyr and ancient wyvern down

is there a trophy for discovering smouldering lake? i have trophies for discovering untended graves (lame) and archdragon peak (cool so far) but not one for the lake. it could be a spot for a covenant trophy but i hope i didn't miss a trophy due to some glitch[/spoiler]
[spoiler]no theres no trophy for finding smouldering lake.
also, I hope you really like the boss in archdragon peak. its very cool.[/spoiler]

i dont like that boss awdood;
why not? Did he kill you?

Nyerp

why wouldn't he have killed me, he does 600 damage per hit

that and the first part of the fight is easy but tedious to do every single time you fight him

Nyerp

April 22, 2016, 09:15:37 PM #171 Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 09:22:36 PM by Nyerp
[spoiler]okay dragonslayer armour is an objectively bad boss

first it tricks you into thinking you're gonna fight one of the awesome flying abominations, and then after you realize what you're really fighting is much more standard and boring, they have the abominations spew shit at you from out of the boss arena while you fight large_man_in_armor.boss. ugh.

twin princes were cool though[/spoiler]

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on April 22, 2016, 09:15:37 PM
[spoiler]okay dragonslayer armour is an objectively bad boss

first it tricks you into thinking you're gonna fight one of the awesome flying abominations, and then after you realize what you're really fighting is much more standard and boring, they have the abominations spew shit at you from out of the boss arena while you fight large_man_in_armor.boss. ugh.

twin princes were cool though[/spoiler]
[spoiler]yeah dragonslayer armour is nothing special. Cool music though.

Also I just got "married." [/spoiler]

Nyerp

[spoiler]finally beat nameless meme!! he was a little harder than fume knight for me. absolutely not harder than orphan. though i'm sure they'll top it in the upcoming dlc

now to just go back through parts of areas i missed and then on to the final boss (+ final area if there is one)[/spoiler]

Commander Fuckass

beat Yhorm the flaming Giant last night

then farmed for Embers by white soapstoning the entrance to his room  bassir;

up to 60 Embers  bassir; bassir;
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Nyerp

i actually really hate how many mimics there are in this game. like it just makes you stock up on undead hunter charms because fighting them isn't any fun. i think they slightly outnumber normal chests, what the fuck?? one of the first chests you can find in the game is a fucking mimic. this is the one aspect of the game that panders to the "wow its so hard but this is dark souls XDDD" crowd and it's awful

Samus Aran

tho granted, if you're playing online, there is a 90% chance you will see a player sign warning you that it's a mimic

for that reason i was never fooled by a single one

TooB

also, looking at it's chain.

if it's curled and mostly pointing at the chest, its normal.

if the chain is more straight, and pointing more towards you, it's a mimic

Nyerp

uhhh i don't hate them because i keep getting fooled by them (happened maybe once), i hate them because having so many of them all throughout the game greatly devalues the "surprise" and uniqueness of finding a mimic. mimics are meant to catch you off guard and make you become cautious about rushing to open chests, but when that happens the first time you see a chest, it just makes you assume every single chest you see is a mimic (which is almost true in this game). it instantly reduces the feeling of "ooh, i hope that isn't a mimic" to "that's probably a mimic. i was right. time to kill this mimic."

famy

i turned into a dragon i dont think i like this

also rapport is so cheap but i love it

Go Up