April 24, 2024, 09:05:15 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Dark Souls III

Started by TooB, June 09, 2015, 01:49:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

June 13, 2015, 10:05:59 AM #1 Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 10:14:35 AM by Tectron

click for larger !!

authenticity aside, these screenshots and pieces of concept art are absolutely beautiful cry;

that first especially is mesmerizing

but as excited as i am about the prospect of a new dark souls, i can't help but feel it's a little soon for a 3, and i'm a little bit worried about what such a rapid release schedule might mean for the future of the series

dark souls 2 came out in march 2014, bloodborne (which hasn't even received its obligatory dlc expansion yet) in march 2015, and "early 2016" would put 3 in about march 2016 also

assuming that's not just coincidence, i'm not so sure this is a series which should be annualized, nor am i certain it's a series which could withstand it

of course, bloodborne isn't technically a dark souls game but it's still a from software title that's so heavily based on souls themes/mechanics/technology/etc. that it may as well be one

TooB

yeah... you know, after 3, I kinda hope they stop for a year or two.
UNLESS!!!! Quality holds up. then i don't care

Kalahari Inkantation

i'm not even worried about a dip in quality so much as i am about gradually diminishing in innovation

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on June 13, 2015, 02:25:21 PM
i'm not even worried about a dip in quality so much as i am about gradually diminishing in innovation
that too.

Kalahari Inkantation

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLsiJPoHlPqEHxDHEmoAi7ebcjsYadVTcV&v=C5lklWVcl1Y[/youtube]

it's gorgeous, oh my goodness

and i'm so happy to see that they're not pretending ds2 didn't exist

Kalahari Inkantation

as for my earlier worries about annualization, which were completely off the mark

Quote from: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/15/e3-2015-dark-souls-3-is-the-last-in-the-series"We are blessed to have such a supportive and loving community, and we are happy to dedicate this final episode to them!”

a tinge of bitterness to the sweet, just the way i like my souls games :'(

TooB

sweet.

OH NO FINAL!?

nah, they gotta be lying, or at least continue with Bloodborne

Kalahari Inkantation

i guess they could continue with bloodborne but they'd be losing out on the xbox and pc markets

i'm guessing we'll see a multiplat ""'spiritual successor""" to bloodborne out of the same necessity that dark souls was born of in the first place

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on June 15, 2015, 12:49:43 PM
i guess they could continue with bloodborne but they'd be losing out on the xbox and pc markets

i'm guessing we'll see a multiplat ""'spiritual successor""" to bloodborne out of the same necessity that dark souls was born of in the first place
Blooddeade for PS4, Xbone, and PC in a year after that

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on June 15, 2015, 12:42:00 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLsiJPoHlPqEHxDHEmoAi7ebcjsYadVTcV&v=C5lklWVcl1Y[/youtube]

it's gorgeous, oh my goodness

and i'm so happy to see that they're not pretending ds2 didn't exist
the fact that it sounds like Emi Evans is the main vocalist again is great

Kalahari Inkantation

i'm going to sorely miss dark souls though, so many of my favorite 7th gen experiences and memories were based in lordran and drangleic (and boletaria) and it's easily one of the defining franchises of the past decade in gaming for me

crying rn cry;

[spoiler]

can i legitimately be nostalgic over a game that first released in 2009/2011 rofl[/spoiler]

me003

BABA BOOEY!

I've almost finished dark souls.  Next up, Demon souls then Dark souls 2, then Dark souls 3. Skipping bloodborne because no PS4. And hopefully I'll have a new PC by the time I'm finishing up Demons souls, and then I can play dark souls again with the DLC (because fuck paying $15 for old content when I can probly buy the prepare to die edition on the PC for cheaper)
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Kalahari Inkantation

Kalahari Inkantation

Go Up