April 16, 2024, 08:44:04 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Switch Thread Consolidation

Started by ME##, May 25, 2015, 05:13:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: Magyarorszag on September 18, 2018, 03:08:45 PM
Quote from: YPrrrr on September 18, 2018, 03:00:25 PMBest Nintendo console since the GC Q('_' Q)

you'll have to explain how

i suppose it's not hard to be better than the gc lol
y statement implies the Wii and Wii U are worse than the GC

It's not reliant on terrible controllers, is portable, already has a better catalogue in the near future than the Wii U, etc. etc.

There's not really any objective reason I can give for it being better than the Wii right now since that had such a long lifespan but I'm just so happy the Wii line is dead  n_n

Kalahari Inkantation

the wii u remains the worst nintendo console of all time but the shamecube simply doesn't hold a candle to the wii lol

the sw*tch's library is worse than any of the three at the moment, but even as much as i dislike the sw*tch it's still unfair to compare it to the others because it's barely over a year old

right now though the sw*tch has very little going for it lol, even compared to the gamecube, and especially compared to the wii lol (remember boyah collectively decided that the wii was the greatest 3d nintendo console, well above the shamecube girl;)

i do expect at the very least that the sw*tch will end up having a superior library to the wii u and gamecube, but that shouldn't exactly be difficult or impressive as they're easily the two weakest nintendo consoles

Quote from: YPrrrr on September 18, 2018, 03:15:39 PMIt's not reliant on terrible controllers

ifeelbetter;

Quote from: YPrrrr on September 18, 2018, 03:15:39 PMis portable

at what cost myface;

Quote from: YPrrrr on September 18, 2018, 03:15:39 PMI'm just so happy the Wii line is dead  n_n

It's such a shame that the once great legacy of the Wii Ends with U. awdood;

YPrrrr

I would just like to point out Boyah collectively decided the SNES was the greatest Nintendo console so pls stop the lies.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Magyarorszag on September 18, 2018, 03:42:36 PM(remember boyah collectively decided that the wii was the greatest 3d nintendo console, well above the shamecube girl;)

girl;

YPrrrr

Quote from: Magyarorszag on September 18, 2018, 03:50:52 PM
Quote from: Magyarorszag on September 18, 2018, 03:42:36 PM(remember boyah collectively decided that the wii was the greatest 3d nintendo console, well above the shamecube girl;)

girl;
br>
Fuck >_<'

don't let's

Quote from: Magyarorszag on September 18, 2018, 03:42:36 PMthe wii u remains the worst nintendo console of all time but the shamecube simply doesn't hold a candle to the wii lol

the sw*tch's library is worse than any of the three at the moment, but even as much as i dislike the sw*tch it's still unfair to compare it to the others because it's barely over a year old

right now though the sw*tch has very little going for it lol, even compared to the gamecube, and especially compared to the wii lol (remember boyah collectively decided that the wii was the greatest 3d nintendo console, well above the shamecube girl;)

i do expect at the very least that the sw*tch will end up having a superior library to the wii u and gamecube, but that shouldn't exactly be difficult or impressive as they're easily the two weakest nintendo consoles

Quote from: YPrrrr on September 18, 2018, 03:15:39 PMIt's not reliant on terrible controllers

ifeelbetter;

Quote from: YPrrrr on September 18, 2018, 03:15:39 PMis portable

at what cost myface;

Quote from: YPrrrr on September 18, 2018, 03:15:39 PMI'm just so happy the Wii line is dead  n_n

It's such a shame that the once great legacy of the Wii Ends with U. awdood;

I went and looked that one up because I vaguely remembered something and you had already liked it.

bluaki

Quote from: 6M69I69B9 on September 18, 2018, 01:24:38 PMonly luigi's mansion 3 can save this console for me
Fun fact: Luigi's Mansion 2 was the 3DS system seller for me. I specifically bought a 3DS right when that game launched. Of course, part of the reason I got it then was also that I knew Pokemon was coming later that same year.

And Pikmin 3 was my Wii U system seller.

bluaki

As of today's system update, it looks like Nintendo is kinda fixing part of their account system O_0

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22448

This is pretty much exactly copying the way PS4 handles its accounts: you can now, for the first time on any Nintendo system, link your account to more than one console. You have to designate one console as the "primary", where the games owned by your account can be shared with other users, while the other "secondary" systems only let your downloaded games be started by your account (and other accounts are only selectable for local multiplayer).

Kalahari Inkantation

my wii u system seller was mk8 lol (the free game offer certainly helped), but of course i also bought it in anticipation of sm4sh and zelda (so much for that)

i will play luigi's mansion for the first time when the original makes its way to 3ds

Thyme

mapio odyssey was the game that led me to buy a switch

but my actual system seller was my 30th birthday and i felt like buying something for myself lol

C O N S U M E R I S M

Kalahari Inkantation

moiro odyssey and 5ma5h will be my sw*tch system sellers too lol

and those will probably end up being the pinnacle of the switch library, honestly

YPrrrr

Smash is the pinnacle of every Nintendo console though tbf

Except maybe 64 since it was still kind of rough

TooB

Quote from: YPrrrr on September 18, 2018, 07:29:34 PMSmash is the pinnacle of every Nintendo console though tbf

I would not say melee or brawl were the pinnacle of their respective consoles either...

Hell, don't even think I'd say that for wii u either

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Big Goop on September 18, 2018, 07:31:56 PM
Quote from: YPrrrr on September 18, 2018, 07:29:34 PMSmash is the pinnacle of every Nintendo console though tbf

I would not say melee or brawl were the pinnacle of their respective consoles either...

yeah agreed lol

smash is certainly great and a reliable system seller but it's never been THE definitive game on any nintendo platform (for me, at least)

it adds a huge amount of baseline value and lasting appeal to nintendo systems, but smash definitely isn't my favorite game on any of the consoles it's appeared on

bluaki

Quote from: Big Goop on September 18, 2018, 07:31:56 PMI would not say melee or brawl were the pinnacle of their respective consoles either...

Melee is absolutely the biggest reason people still have for setting up and using a GameCube nowadays.

Other than Melee the still-exclusive worthwhile GameCube library now basically amounts to Mario Sunshine, F-Zero GX, Animal Crossing, Four Swords Adventures, and the Pokemon games.

I'd personally rather replay Sunshine than Melee any day, but that's not exactly the most popular of opinions.

Go Up