March 19, 2024, 02:19:36 AM

1,531,586 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Switch Thread Consolidation

Started by ME##, May 25, 2015, 05:13:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

mario odyssey is a product designed with kids in mind. mario odyssey is also good and not made of FUCKING CARDBOARD.

i'm not actually angry or anything. switch still has core games coming out intended for mature gamers such as myself. but i think it's weird how nintendo has such a huge amount of "people" willing to defend their every decision even after the era of WII MUSIC, which everyone was laughing at even at the time of its announcement.

C.Mongler

January 18, 2018, 06:44:37 AM #676 Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 10:07:07 AM by C.Mongler
mario odyssey was made for all the gaymers, not specifically literal 10-year-olds

wii music was also targeted towards all the gaymers, and thus no one gave shit because it wasn't actually a game (also it was entirely made to chase the high of wii sports, which i needn't remind anyone is the 3rd highest selling game of all fucking time, so i can kind of understand why they made the effort even if it was fucktarded). they also put out a shallow-ass music game during the great war of rock band and guitar hero, two EXTREMELY POPULAR and EXTREMELY PERIPHERAL BASED games (both moving collectively about 38 million units), so it wasn't really any wonder that it didn't do that great when you could flail  your arms to toot a fake flute to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star or for a little more money, play a game with some actual depth and songs people listened to during that time

these are apple and oranges arguments you're making here buddo, if you want to make a solid case, convince me the difference in appeal between labo and something like hatchimals or shopkins; nintendo is going after literal toys, not necessarily video games here. i don't get fingerlings either, but that doesn't mean they don't sell like crack in baltimore

including some critical assessments on the concept from literal 10-year-olds would also be helpful for making your case as well, as i've yet to hear any actual kids knock it; my two dad friends in my local switch group said their 7 & 6-year-old kids are already begging for this shit lol, even my 14-year-old brother (he's a lego fiend tbf) told me he wants a switch now

reeper

YPrrrr

I'm not curious
Seems like a waste of money
Give me more remakes

TooB

Quote from: Commander Fuckass on January 18, 2018, 05:14:58 AM
>announcement says that it was designed with Kids in mind

>adults over the age of 12 get butt mad at Nintendo

gamers need to be gassed 
ok. you first.

C.Mongler

Quote from: reefer on January 18, 2018, 08:23:00 AM
So we all buying the cardboard or what

currently i'm at a no, but if the software it comes with is neat and fulfilling, maybe. robot looks neat as heck but if its just a sandbox to destroy buildings and turn into a car, then yeah i'm good

Hiro

the variety kit is a p reasonable price imo, $70 for the software + 5 (i think) different cardboard applications
the cardboard will be easy to repair, replace, or recycle, and you can probably just buy the software for cheaper and make the shit yourself. this is a super cool toy for kids, and I would compare it more to those kids programming toys that are gaining traction the past couple years, not wii peripheral bullshit.
don't think project giant robot is going to be worth the money but still seems fun
whiners gonna whine

reeper

It looks cool but not at $70 or $80. They crazy. Switch is already fairly expensive.

Travis

i dont see how selling cardboard is a good move for any video game company

if sony or M$ did that im p sure theyd be laughed out of the industry

YPrrrr

Microsoft seems immune to laughter somehow

C.Mongler

a 200 dollar webcam to watch you dance to the star wars theme song is fine though

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on January 22, 2018, 01:18:31 PM
a 200 dollar webcam to watch you dance to the star wars theme song is fine though
agreed

reeper

Quote from: C.Mongler on January 22, 2018, 01:18:31 PM
to be fair they always act like they are going to make more content for these pricey peripherals. Then a year later they get dusty and forgotten.

C.Mongler

to be fair this one is cardboard you could put a pizza in it for the family picnic multipurpose

TooB

So, anybody else see that Namco Bandai is apparently developing Metroid Prime 4?

Go Up