April 23, 2024, 11:00:12 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Switch Thread Consolidation

Started by ME##, May 25, 2015, 05:13:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

wawi

Quote from: YPargh on April 12, 2017, 02:34:18 PM
I will once I actually play it. Waiting for my screen protector

Or maybe I'll wait til Mario kart comes out since it's kinda pointless before anyway

is that coming in the mail with your pocket protector, nerd? putindisapproves;

YPrrrr

Quote from: wawi on April 12, 2017, 04:39:16 PM
Quote from: YPargh on April 12, 2017, 02:34:18 PM
I will once I actually play it. Waiting for my screen protector

Or maybe I'll wait til Mario kart comes out since it's kinda pointless before anyway

is that coming in the mail with your pocket protector, nerd? putindisapproves;
Well I read the dock has been scratching screens so :(

TooB

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/04/13/nintendo-sold-more-zeldas-on-switch-than-switch-consoles-in-march.aspx

I love their reasoning for why this is....

"people who purchased both a limited edition of the game to collect and a second version to play."

bull..... shit.....

the real reason is people who bought a copy of Zelda for when they could finally FIND a damn Switch.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Big Goop on April 14, 2017, 01:03:48 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/04/13/nintendo-sold-more-zeldas-on-switch-than-switch-consoles-in-march.aspx

"people who purchased both a limited edition of the game to collect and a second version to play."

bull..... shit.....

the real reason is people who bought a copy of Zelda for when they could finally FIND a damn Switch.
I did this n_u

Seriously though Zelda was 48 bucks from Amazon if I got it in the first two weeks of release. Nintendo games hardly ever drop in price. ESPECIALLY if it's a "10/10 masterpiece"

Got the Switch weeks later

bluaki

Quote from: Big Goop on April 14, 2017, 01:03:48 PM

bull..... shit.....

I know there are at least some diehard Zelda fans who didn't get a Switch yet but ended up buying both versions of the game because only the Switch version had a limited edition.

but yeah, people who bought a copy now so they could have one when they get a Switch is probably a much larger chunk of sales.

I don't hear about "one to collect and one to use" very much in the US. I think that idea is more popular elsewhere like in Japan? Some otaku are ridiculously dedicated and somehow fairly wealthy.

bluaki

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and now Pokkén Tournament Deluxe.

How many more Wii U enhanced Deluxe ports will Switch have? I'm expecting Smash Bros is probably next.

Almost nothing in Wii U's first/second-party library would surprise me, honestly. Mario Maker, Mario 3D World, Hyrule Warriors, and so many others. I do hope Switch continues to stand out on its own without necessarily relying on Wii U ports.

Kalahari Inkantation

i'm surprised nintendo finds there to be enough interest in pokkken to warrant a """deluxe"""

YPrrrr

If I can just get smash bros deluxe I will have every Wii U game i ever needed on Switch w/ Mario Kart

bluaki

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 06, 2017, 08:31:13 AM
i'm surprised nintendo finds there to be enough interest in pokkken to warrant a """deluxe"""
On Wii U, it sold more than a million copies. In Japanese arcades, I think it's still being played.

So it's more successful than Pikmin 3, Star Fox Zero, Color Splash, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Twilight Princess HD, Kirby Rainbow Curse, and every single third-party Wii U game.

Kalahari Inkantation

that is surprising, but then again, most of those games are absolutely awful, with even the best in that list being barely mediocre

pokken was terrible but at least it was a novel terrible i guess

bluaki

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 06, 2017, 10:05:05 AM
that is surprising, but then again, most of those games are absolutely awful, with even the best in that list being barely mediocre

pokken was terrible but at least it was a novel terrible i guess
I really liked Pikmin 3 and Kirby Rainbow Curse saddood;

Pikmin 3 is actually the reason I got my Wii U when I did.

Rainbow Curse will never be on Switch because the stylus is a hard requirement for that kind of gameplay.

Kalahari Inkantation

sadly i don't know anything about pkmn, but it is the highest rated game on that list by far, and i know the series is generally regarded as good, so i'd be more willing to grant pkmn 3 an exception

kirby is the passably mediocre one i was talking about

the rest are shovelware

TooB

They might as well just call the switch

The Wii U portable. I bet that's what they would've called it too, but someone in Nintendo marketing had the balls to say something

YPrrrr

Let's not forget the PS4 was originally a bunch of PS3 ports.

And now it's beautiful! Of course sony has a much better console history and 3rd party support but...

TooB

Quote from: YPargh on June 06, 2017, 01:55:30 PM
Let's not forget the PS4 was originally a bunch of PS3 ports.

And now it's beautiful! Of course sony has a much better console history and 3rd party support but...
yeqh, but even by then in the ps4's life it still had at least ONE exclusive that was worth it to me. And that's just off the top of my head.

Go Up