April 23, 2024, 10:32:26 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Switch Thread Consolidation

Started by ME##, May 25, 2015, 05:13:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on August 12, 2015, 04:40:39 PM
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/square-enix-is-considering-ports-of-final-fantasy-xiv-for-xbox-one-and-nx

the nx is coming far sooner than nintendo and its delusional fanboys like to pretend
tfw square enix is going to start shipping nx games before the console even comes out

Samus Aran

the nx is already completed. they're just waiting for squeenix to finish the port of ffxiv so it can be a launch title.

Kalahari Inkantation

"""launch window*""" title, if launch window is taken to mean up to two years after system launch

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on September 07, 2015, 02:14:51 PM
"""launch window*""" title, if launch window is taken to mean up to two years after system launch
well considering people are still saying next gen, this is pretty true

bluaki

Quote from: Tectron on September 07, 2015, 02:14:51 PM
tbh that's how perception of time seems to work for gaming this generation

It's how long PS4 and Xbone owners had to wait to get any games. It's how long Wii U owners had to wait for Mario Kart and Smash Bros.

Also, let's add one more game to the "not until NX" list: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-17-super-mario-galaxy-3-opportunity-as-hardware-technology-gets-better-and-advances

Surprisingly, it sounds like Miyamoto complained about the GamePad requiring additional processing power, producing what he calls 120 frames per second (but, really, GamePad's 480p frames shouldn't require nearly as much power as the TV's HD)

Kalahari Inkantation

September 07, 2015, 06:12:09 PM #37 Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 06:54:04 PM by Tectron
Quote from: bluaki on September 07, 2015, 02:46:19 PM
Surprisingly, it sounds like Miyamoto complained about the GamePad requiring additional processing power, producing what he calls 120 frames per second (but, really, GamePad's 480p frames shouldn't require nearly as much power as the TV's HD)

sometimes i can't help but wonder how miyamoto hasn't yet been gunpei yokoi'd

this is the same reason being floated around to justify star fox looking like absolute shit

the wii u was purportedly designed from the ground up to be able to support dual screens, with miyamoto himself playing a huge roll in its r&d, and now he's complaining that it's too weak to do precisely what it was designed to do and simultaneously support two screens????????

and at 480p, no less, lmao

how absolutely fuck;ing idiotic is nintendo's hardware development staff

how could a team of intelligent experienced designers of digital technology have such bewilderingly little foresight

it's simply inexcusable

the sheer incompetence being demonstrated out of nintendo hq for the past four years has been perfectly ineffable

miyamoto has literally no right to be complaining about anything, aside from his and nintendo's own flagrant stupidity, and should they continue down this path into the nx era then i will dance on the day of their bankruptcy

bluaki

Quote from: Tectron on September 07, 2015, 06:12:09 PM
sometimes i can't help but wonder how miyamoto hasn't yet been gunpei yokoi'd
Iwata died two months ago
Hiroshi Yamauchi died two years ago
Gunpei Yokoi died 18 years ago

Miyamoto is really the biggest name Nintendo has left. And nothing has been anywhere near as big a failure as Virtual Boy was; even if Wii U hasn't been wildly popular, I think Nintendo's still operating with net positive profit from it.

Kalahari Inkantation

well he'd better watch out

if i were miyamoto i'd be sleeping with two eyes open

also i can't wait for super mario galaxy to become the """new""" super mario bros of the 3d mario series 5thgrade;

don't let's

ME##

silvertone

hobbit

Nintendo should just become 3rd party already.

Kalahari Inkantation

i look forward to seeing nintendo and DeNA on stage at apple's conference tomorrow

Go Up