April 17, 2024, 08:11:21 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Switch Thread Consolidation

Started by ME##, May 25, 2015, 05:13:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/nintendo-nx-news-nintendo-basically-admits-its-holding-big-games-nx-455473

nintendo-basically-admits-still-too-damn-dense-to-understand-exactly-why-wii-u-failed

Quote from: iwataI will not share details on NX today but with regard to the launch of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U not necessarily having progressed well and not acquiring sufficient support from software publishers, we intend to offer NX through a Nintendo-like solution. Thank you for understanding that we are making various considerations and preparations in order to avoid what happened with the previous generations.

it wasn't strictly the lack of games

it was the abortion of """marketing""", which they still have not addressed, which in tandem with all of nintendo's other faulty reasoning led to a pitiful library and userbase

it's not that most of the 100 million wii owners have consciously decided not to purchase a wii u, it's that the vast majorty of them still don't even realize that it exists

if nintendo's entire marketing team hasn't been taken out back and shot after the two consecutive strokes of sheer brilliance that were wii u and '''new''' 3ds, nintendo deserves to fail yet again

this interview also de facto confirms that zelda u will be an nx launch title, as if we needed any more evidence of that

bluaki

Quote from: Tectron on July 06, 2015, 05:41:38 PM
it was the abortion of """marketing""", which they still have not addressed, which in tandem with all of nintendo's other faulty reasoning led to a pitiful library and userbase
At least they can't screw the name up that bad again, right? ....right? >_<'

watch them decide to make NX's final name be "Wii W" sillydood;
or "New Wii U"

ME##

Nintendo will name it after the amount of RAM it has.  Nintendo 4.5GB

Classic

Quote from: David on July 07, 2015, 04:03:46 AM
Nintendo will name it after the amount of RAM it has.  Nintendo 4.5GB

At least people would know it's a new system and not just an add-on.  n_u

don't let's

Quote from: Tectron on July 06, 2015, 05:41:38 PM
this interview also de facto confirms that zelda u will be an nx launch title, as if we needed any more evidence of that
:( annexed

Kalahari Inkantation

i hope you've learned a valuable lesson

don't let's

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

ME##

Daddy

call it super nintendo entertainment system 2

i'll take my money now

bluaki

There have been more reports of NX's potential CPU this week: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/07/speculation_grows_that_amd_will_provide_the_nintendo_nx_processor

If NX uses a custom AMD x86 APU, it'd be very closely comparable to PS4/Xbone, but would surely use a one- or two-generations-newer chip design. I imagine this hardware would greatly help Nintendo's ability to bring back third parties, but it's not necessarily more powerful than PS4/Xbone, depending on unconfirmed details like clock/cores.

I have doubts that NX will manage backwards compatibility with Wii or Wii U, considering that PowerPC in consoles is dying. While I seriously doubt it, I imagine it's possible they'd make a dual-CPU system with both x86 and PowerPC.

If they do have any sort of dual-CPU setup, I'd much more quickly expect it to be with ARM. They've already used dual-ARM on DS and 3DS.

There have been some claims in the past that NX will be some sort of bridge between consoles and handheld. Some of the ways I imagine that could manifest include: (I like option 1 best)
1. Some sort of shared software/development platform, so developers can use one devkit to easily produce something for both hardware platforms (like Android), but this doesn't necessarily mean every game has to support both.
2. The console can natively play games built for the handheld, but not vice-versa (would probably require dual x86+ARM console)
3. Remote play
4. No home console, just an underpowered handheld which can switch to being console-like when you connect video-out; x86 chip makes me doubt this option, but not rule it out entirely, considering there are cheap Atom smartphones
5. Nothing but a shared account system

Kalahari Inkantation

ME##

TooB

Go Up