September 23, 2024, 10:19:28 AM

1,531,320 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Los 聲geles Mobile Game Exposition 2015

Started by ME##, May 16, 2015, 08:58:44 AM

previous topic - next topic

What platform wins this year?

iOS
2 (28.6%)
Android
1 (14.3%)
Windows Phone
1 (14.3%)
QNX
3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: June 15, 2015, 08:58:44 AM

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

the fan reaction to nintendo's showing has been so poor that it's actually prompted a response from iwata

Quote from: https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k/status/610885268615225344
[translation] Thank you for watching. We take opinions of this year's Digital Event seriously and will work to better meet your expectations.

ME##

Iwata fights back tears as he cancels Metroid Prime: Federation Force

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: David on June 17, 2015, 03:19:19 AM
Iwata fights back tears as he cancels Metroid Prime: Federation Force

to think this will be reality once that change.org petition hits 100

Kalahari Inkantation

ME##

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/17/8795017/shenmue-on-a-budget

[if anything all this budget is doing is allowing a team to actually be set up to produce the game, with the rest of the money coming from sony] @_@

Hiro

Quote from: Tectron on June 17, 2015, 01:10:58 PM

come on tec really
of everything nintendo showed at least star fox does look good

ME##

bleh it honestly looks like a suped up gamecube game

Hiro

it really doesn't, everyone has been saying tons of games look like ps2/gamecube games, even on ps4 and xbone, but i think people seriously forgot what those systems were really capable of
honestly just very few games are visually impressive these days

Kalahari Inkantation

June 18, 2015, 12:15:28 PM #204 Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 01:23:49 AM by Tectron
i mean that original comparison image is obviously biased and exaggerated but the game is clearly rushed, it's still using star fox 64 assets for doodthing's sake

and it uses mostly flat, lifeless, single-color textures lol

it still looks like a tech demo, and that would be fine if it still were but this is a game five months from launch at this point

it may not literally look like a gamecube game but it sure does look like a gamecube game running on dolphin in 1080p

look at the amount of detail to be seen in that horizon screenshot, even the blurry compressed stream screen looks so much more vivid than the crisp star fox promo image below it lol

of course there's absolutely no point in comparing wii u games to ps4 games but even compared to other wii u games it's unimpressive

perhaps nintendo deemed graphical fidelity to be not of the utmost importance because we'd be spending most of our time flying right by most of the scenery anyway

Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on June 17, 2015, 03:27:30 PM
honestly just very few games are visually impressive these days

and i would disagree with this

ME##

Tec, I could understand that last point if Star Fox moved fast.  But it seems slow as molasses myface;

And I def agree w/ Tec disagreeing w/ Hiro

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: David on June 19, 2015, 07:29:15 AM
Tec, I could understand that last point if Star Fox moved fast.  But it seems slow as molasses myface;

yeah that's the other thing

meaning they have no legitimate excuses for the way it looks, aside from their dire need to pump something out as quickly as possible to pad that hyperanemic holiday lineup and patch the still flaming crater left by zelda u

Kalahari Inkantation

perhaps the most entertaining thing about this year's e3 has been skimming through the various nintendo communities and just basking in all the thunderous rage, lol

nintendo has somehow managed to infuriate the fans of

-animal crossing
-paper mario
-metroid
-zelda
-fire emblem
-star fox
-the wii u in general

some more so than others, but all in a single showing

that takes talent

Thyme

overall the FO4 showing was my favorite