May 23, 2024, 06:44:03 AM

1,531,628 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Los Ángeles Mobile Game Exposition 2015

Started by ME##, May 16, 2015, 08:58:44 AM

previous topic - next topic

What platform wins this year?

iOS
2 (28.6%)
Android
1 (14.3%)
Windows Phone
1 (14.3%)
QNX
3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: June 15, 2015, 08:58:44 AM

Go Down

ME##

Kalahari Inkantation

ME##

Kalahari Inkantation

oh

well

quite a glaring omission in that conference but i guess it'll come up in due time

Kalahari Inkantation

June 15, 2015, 02:58:08 PM #109 Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 03:29:51 PM by Tectron
Quote from: Jojo on June 14, 2015, 09:31:36 PM
Quote from: Tectron on June 14, 2015, 09:29:13 PM
Quote from: Jojo on June 14, 2015, 09:28:18 PM
i gotta be honest, I played Dishonored and didn't really care for what I played.
perhaps it needs another chance?

depends, what didn't you like about it lol
nothing i can recall specifically, i just didn't feel it.
what did you like? so that I can see if i should try it again

how far did you get exactly

and if you've played bioshock, how'd you feel about that

[spoiler=tl;dr (no spoilers)]

even ignoring the aesthetic similarities, dishonored's base gameplay is extremely reminiscent of the original bioshock's in so many significant ways, in that it's first-person gunplay mixed with a well-integrated supernatural element full of powers that are both fun to use and practical (rune abilities and bone charms are its equivalent of plasmids and gene tonics), with the unique addition of basic swordplay

there are so many elements of dishonored that are analogous to bioshock that it almost feels like a mod (so if you weren't a fan of bioshock i can fully understand why dishonored might not be for you lol)

but in addition to that bioshock-inspired base, what truly makes it stand out as opposed to being a clone is its sheer variety and flexibility of gameplay options

that bioshock base is greatly augmented by seamlessly implemented (and v. satisfying) stealth elements and a teleportation-enhanced mode of traversal, all of which when combined with well-designed, truly unique mission settings and an expressive cast of friends and foes make for an incredibly enjoyable experience and one of the best 'firsts' in a franchise that i've ever played

of course, it isn't nearly perfect

things that might have turned you off:

-the first hour
-the game undermines itself somewhat by clearly favoring one style of gameplay over others despite providing you with so many options
-surprisingly low enemy variety
-a few relatively dull segments in parts of some (especially earlier) missions
-blatantly underdeveloped, heavily segmented story with awkward pacing[/spoiler]

still i would definitely say it's worth a second try, i think its gameplay for the most part is just stellar

everyone who liked bioshock and isn't opposed to stealth owes it to themselves to try dishonored

Kalahari Inkantation

don't let's

Quote from: Tectron on June 15, 2015, 01:27:47 PM
Quote from: … on June 15, 2015, 01:25:34 PM
Quote from: https://twitter.com/Bethblog/status/610491547595902977Mods created on the PC, will be able to be transferred, played and shared, for free - on Xbox One.  #Fallout4 #E32015

What

i sure hope sony has a similar program to announce
Quote from: https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/610567108913553408#Fallout4 mod sharing (from PC) coming after launch to Xbox One in early 2016. We hope to bring it to PS4, too.  #BE3

So we'll see (but I doubt it, or maybe not until the goty edition) unless that's just some smoke and mirrors.

I was kinda wondering if Windows 10 coming to the xbox one had something to do with it. Or maybe Microsoft just finally caved to gain some traction.

don't let's

ME##

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on June 15, 2015, 02:58:08 PM
Quote from: Jojo on June 14, 2015, 09:31:36 PM
Quote from: Tectron on June 14, 2015, 09:29:13 PM
Quote from: Jojo on June 14, 2015, 09:28:18 PM
i gotta be honest, I played Dishonored and didn't really care for what I played.
perhaps it needs another chance?

depends, what didn't you like about it lol
nothing i can recall specifically, i just didn't feel it.
what did you like? so that I can see if i should try it again

how far did you get exactly

and if you've played bioshock, how'd you feel about that

[spoiler=tl;dr (no spoilers)]

even ignoring the aesthetic similarities, dishonored's base gameplay is extremely reminiscent of the original bioshock's in so many significant ways, in that it's first-person gunplay mixed with a well-integrated supernatural element full of powers that are both fun to use and practical (rune abilities and bone charms are its equivalent of plasmids and gene tonics), with the unique addition of basic swordplay

there are so many elements of dishonored that are analogous to bioshock that it almost feels like a mod (so if you weren't a fan of bioshock i can fully understand why dishonored might not be for you lol)

but in addition to that bioshock-inspired base, what truly makes it stand out as opposed to being a clone is its sheer variety and flexibility of gameplay options

that bioshock base is greatly augmented by seamlessly implemented (and v. satisfying) stealth elements and a teleportation-enhanced mode of traversal, all of which when combined with well-designed, truly unique mission settings and an expressive cast of friends and foes make for an incredibly enjoyable experience and one of the best 'firsts' in a franchise that i've ever played

of course, it isn't nearly perfect

things that might have turned you off:

-the first hour
-the game undermines itself somewhat by clearly favoring one style of gameplay over others despite providing you with so many options
-surprisingly low enemy variety
-a few relatively dull segments in parts of some (especially earlier) missions
-blatantly underdeveloped, heavily segmented story with awkward pacing[/spoiler]

still i would definitely say it's worth a second try, i think its gameplay for the most part is just stellar

everyone who liked bioshock and isn't opposed to stealth owes it to themselves to try dishonored
yeah. i think i will look into it again, especially since it's very cheap now

Kalahari Inkantation

hope it goes better for you this time around wrench;

Kalahari Inkantation

now that was meh

i've still only ever played the very first asscreed lol

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on June 15, 2015, 04:16:40 PM
now that was meh

i've still only ever played the very first asscreed lol
same rofl

Go Up