April 24, 2024, 03:36:54 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Chromebooks

Started by strongbad, April 19, 2015, 03:00:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

Yeah I tried watching anime on it last night and it was really bad
I do like being able to have it windowed for convenience and other tasks

Do you know how I can toggle the integration with the extension?

strongbad

deleted my chroot and installed trusty instead of precise and DAMN it works so much better now

every game runs significantly better than it did in trusty and precise seems more solid overall. although i can't get chromium to work which is kind of annoying

bluaki

Precise is ancient now. You probably should've been using Trusty for a couple years now.

It's kinda ridiculous that Precise is (last I checked) still the default target for crouton.

The next Ubuntu LTS, Xenial, is releasing next month. Precise is four years old.

The Crouton extension doesn't (unless this changed recently) support video acceleration, which practically means you can't use it to play any videos or most games. There's an "HEVC player" on the Chrome Web Store which can supposedly handle most kinds of videos the stock video player won't, but I've never had much luck with it.

How can you have any trouble running Chromium in Ubuntu? Just install it. Nothing but Flash and maybe a few video codecs should give you any trouble.

strongbad

no idea- fresh off an install it didn't work at all. would install and when i'd boot it nothing happened.
but yeah i'm also not using the extension anymore. kind of annoying not being able to copy past from chromeos but it definitely makes for better performance

last night i was trying to install dependencies to get Undertale running and i somehow deleted my chroot

so i'm installing it again lol linux is so funny to me

Go Up