April 19, 2024, 11:04:12 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

do u noobs still use utorrent

Started by strongbad, April 07, 2015, 09:36:31 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

i hope not

recently switched to qbittorrent (and found a handy guide to transfer all my seeding torrents from utorrent which was essential) and am 10x happier

ME##

Samus Aran

i also use qbittorrent

it's pretty nice and simple. no frills. there were some aspects of os x transmission i liked a bit more though.

snoorkel

using Transmission on linux server and i like its easy Web portal feature.

silvertone

Kalahari Inkantation

April 07, 2015, 07:21:05 PM #5 Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 07:25:11 PM by Tectron
not since the scumbags started surreptitiously stealing my precious cock cycles to mine sh*tcoins

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2893982/utorrent-quietly-installs-a-cryptocurrency-miner-on-users-computers.html

not that that should be surprising, it's always been a bloatware and malware-laden hunk of garbij

Hiro

i use an older version of utorrent with all the ads removed lol

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

C.Mongler

lol its 2016 i really should get a new client srry strngbab  giggle;

strongbad

i use deluge on ubuntu and it is good

fuk utorrent !!!!

C.Mongler

maybe ill go back 2 azure trollface;

silvertone

bluaki

I use rtorrent

It's kinda bad in a lot of ways, but it works. Easy to set up and run on a headless server, not so easy to configure or manage beyond that. Atrocious lack of documentation, relies on weird inconsistent and unmemorable key combinations, some features like stopping downloads on low disk space don't work half the time, and sometimes it randomly remembers old torrents I removed months ago.

I've considered switching to some other client that runs headless, but I haven't bothered looking into it yet.

Hiro

Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on April 12, 2015, 11:59:06 PM
i use an older version of utorrent with all the ads removed lol
still this, but transmission was just released for windows so I might give that a go

strongbad

i dont really see the point of using older utorrent when you could support a torrent client that didn't decide to sell out and become shit

but transmission is cool too

Go Up