April 16, 2024, 02:40:21 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

the last record you bought

Started by The Hand That Fisted Everyone, January 22, 2015, 01:20:09 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

i use discogs for buying records all the time, it's a godsend

C.Mongler

oh i have that lol. yeah it's pretty cool, but it's like 95% a collectors item. not to say that it sounds bad or anything, but it's 16-bit era music on wax lol there's only so good that can sound, and it's expensive as a mother fucker for what it is. packaging is SuPeR nIcEeE and will bring tingly feelings of nostalgia. i warn you though, the songs on here are STRAIGHT UP; what i mean by that is they dont loop them like you hear them in the game, so you get ONE playthrough and most of the LP 1 songs are on average about a minute in length. so i found myself being like AW YEAH I REMEMBER THIS ONE and then it's like 'hey i'm over now btw' and on to the next one. not that i expected them to loop them i guess, but it makes it hard to just throw on for listening pleasure when every song comes and goes right when you start gettin' that nostalgia high. it's just a weird way to try and enjoy the game's music imo

i don't regret getting it though, it's a deff cool thing to own if you're a fan of the game for sure, but just my TWO CENTS

squirrelfriend

can someone please tell me any good albums that were recorded in analog and not digitally processed post-production so i can buy vinyl for its true purpose and not for its ornamental value :x

C.Mongler

Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 20, 2016, 07:56:20 AM
can someone please tell me any good albums that were recorded in analog and not digitally processed post-production so i can buy vinyl for its true purpose and not for its ornamental value :x

it's 2016

C.Mongler

ALSO since you fucking triggered me

what the fuck does analog vs digital have to do with anything??

plenty of digital recordings are mastered beautifully for vinyl

in the same vein plenty of analog recordings aren't mastered that well and sound like shit on vinyl

squirrelfriend

because if it's digital it's objectively better on digital
if it's analog, give me the vinyl because the cd version might have undersampled it

C.Mongler

it's so cute how you're an expert at literally everything bb  giggle;

squirrelfriend

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 20, 2016, 08:10:19 AM
it's so cute how you're an expert at literally everything bb  giggle;
well it's cute how you are wrong most of the time giggle;

squirrelfriend

vinyl adds artificiality to the sound with the wear and tear
that "warmth" you hear is just marketing
so basically if it sounded good on cassette, it sounds good on vinyl PROVIDED IT'S ALL IN ANALOG

C.Mongler

Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 20, 2016, 08:10:56 AM
Quote from: C.Mongler on April 20, 2016, 08:10:19 AM
it's so cute how you're an expert at literally everything bb  giggle;
well it's cute how you are wrong most of the time giggle;

i'm still waiting for a source  giggle;

Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 20, 2016, 08:12:35 AM
vinyl adds artificiality to the sound with the wear and tear
that "warmth" you hear is just marketing

i literally have never said anything about *warmth* lmfao

squirrelfriend

then the conversation will be like "that's not a reliable source" and so on
i don't argue with committed believers

C.Mongler

squirrelfriend

also i think people have done some blind listening studies and they made the conclusion digital sounds apparently better with those qualifications

C.Mongler

i mean you don't seem to understand the difference between a recording and a master [move]soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo[/move]

yeah....

i'm outtie

Go Up