June 24, 2024, 11:51:22 PM

1,531,272 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The sorry state of the Wii U

Started by ME##, January 17, 2015, 12:58:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

squirrelfriend

before b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but playstation mobile, sony doesn't even have unique ip they can leverage that i think everyone would want either
maybe lbp and dreams are the closest to universal appeal so i can make my diatribe about mras a level

Kalahari Inkantation

list of android oems who actually make money:

-samsung

list of android oems who piss blood:

-literally everyone else

http://www.androidauthority.com/apple-has-95-of-smartphone-profits-656093/

what makes you think inexperienced nintendo could prove to be be a second samsung among android oems and not just another lenovo at best lol

squirrelfriend

Quote from: Tectron on April 27, 2016, 01:49:24 PM
list of android oems who actually make money:

-samsung

list of android oems who piss blood:

-literally everyone else

http://www.androidauthority.com/apple-has-95-of-smartphone-profits-656093/

what makes you think inexperienced nintendo could prove to be be a second samsung among android oems and not just another lenovo at best lol
well tec the selling point of samsung is the SOFTWARE
i don't think any of those other companies have like any good software titles and they just share the same pool of generic android apps to choose from

Kalahari Inkantation

all of those companies ship their devices with their own android skin, and in fact i hear at least as many complaints about samsung's deep and often bloated customization as i hear praise lol

not to mention the fact that the complexity of mobile games is severely limited by the standard touch-only interface

can nintendo really make money on a software ecosystem based on things like flappy tanooki

[spoiler][/spoiler]

squirrelfriend

April 27, 2016, 02:03:04 PM #439 Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 02:06:42 PM by squirrelfriend
Quote from: Tectron on April 27, 2016, 01:59:22 PM
not to mention the fact that the complexity of mobile games is severely limited by the standard touch-only interface

can nintendo really make money on a software ecosystem based on things like flappy tanooki

[spoiler][/spoiler]
well what makes you think nintendo would only use shallow touch screen controls
why do you presume this
they could use tactile feedback on the screen
they innovate tec
if they resist the temptation to go free to play it'll work
free to play is best used to introduce new IP, not existing IP

C.Mongler

Kalahari Inkantation

sure they could do that, but now their device is bulkier and more expensive with less relative screen real estate than a button-free equivalent

and already they have problems

squirrelfriend

well nintendo would make making a nice cut off the mobile games they sell while most smartphone makers don't have the capacity to do so
it's like comparing apples to oranges

C.Mongler

there's no way to make an ergonomic design with buttons, pack it up folks

squirrelfriend

more like no one has thought of it yet

squirrelfriend

look at the 3ds. two screens. the retro '90s are in again. bring back flip phones nintendo

C.Mongler

i mean just do what the psp go did lol

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 27, 2016, 02:09:27 PM
there's no way to make an ergonomic design with buttons, pack it up folks

that's not what i said at all

an ergonomic design that includes buttons would naturally be more expensive than a button free equivalent or compromise in other areas (see: blackberry priv, which is both overpriced and full of compromises)

in building a smartphone that doubles as a dedicated gaming machine, nintendo would have some enormous conflicts of interest regarding interface options, software pricing and complexity, hardware capability/longevity/pricing, etc. to reconcile, and as evidenced by the gravestones of the dozen other gaming-oriented smartphones that litter the mobile industry, that is no easy task

yes, nintendo has a much larger and more prestigious software ecosystem to support any of its mobile ventures than sony or any of those other guys did, but it still would have to find an adequate balance between all of those other concerns

squirrelfriend

well how different would that be from developing a new handheld tec tbh
like with the 3ds nintendo used cheap parts and tacked on the useless 3d gimmick that was supposed to compensate for that
it ended up being okay after stumbling for a while

people lease their phones or devices from t-mobile et al. now as opposed to a few years ago
the advantage of that is that by it having mobile data is that nintendo could tout that you could literally play it anywhere (where available)
casual gaming shouldn't burn out your data plan
the lag wouldn't be noticeable in games like pokemon
maybe a bit problematic in some areas like animal crossing but i've tethered my phone to my 3ds b4 and new leaf didn't lag much if at all

Thyme

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 27, 2016, 01:11:29 PM
miitomo was fun for posting dank memes for the first 3 days and then i spent all my coins on booty shorts and now it's INCREDIBLY boring and pointless, which is a darn shame. i hope the fire emblem and animal crossing mobile games aren't the same shit

yeah i dropped it after the first week as well

Go Up