May 12, 2024, 06:00:03 PM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The sorry state of the Wii U

Started by ME##, January 17, 2015, 12:58:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on June 22, 2016, 01:39:07 PM
even worse if it's devil survivor because then it's unfair AND the battles take an eternity and then you just lose 3/4 of the way through and you just wasted an hour and a half of your life
very true.

I still gotta beat Dante in Nocturne. He's an asshole.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

the new paper mario game looks great

[spoiler]or at least it did until they showed the cards again[/spoiler]

C.Mongler

i mean it literally looks great, it does not however, look fun

don't let's

don't let's

That moment I realize how backwards the triggers and shoulder buttons are named on the game pad

bluaki

Quote from: ­Ì...Ì...Ì...Ì...Ì...Ì...Ì...Ì...Ì...Ì...­ on June 28, 2016, 08:04:01 PM
That moment I realize how backwards the triggers and shoulder buttons are named on the game pad
There aren't any triggers. All four are buttons.

It's only backwards if you compare it to the GameCube, which has Z above the R button. On all other controllers, the top button is like the first one and the bottom is the second,

don't let's

Quote from: bluaki on June 28, 2016, 08:17:01 PM
Quote from: ­̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅­ on June 28, 2016, 08:04:01 PM
There aren't any triggers. All four are buttons.

It's only backwards if you compare it to the GameCube, which has Z above the R button. On all other controllers, the top button is like the first one and the bottom is the second,
they're shaped kinda like triggers, so

But I was talking more like in relation to the xbox controller which I'm more used to, (though yes, I know that's LT/RT and LB/RB) in which the triggers are where your index fingers naturally lay and they're primary buttons and the shoulder buttons are secondary. Generally.

I understand why Nintendo labeled them the way they did I the game pad, because it followed they're label scheme of having the shoulder buttons be L and R, but then with the added buttons beneath I think I would have preferred the shoulders be ZR/ZL and the others be L and R. Since on the game pad your index fingers naturally go to ZR/LZ (unless it's somebody that uses their middle fingers too and has fingers on both sets of buttons at all times) and those should be more primary buttons.

Kalahari Inkantation

http://press-start.com.au/news/nintendo/2016/07/06/nintendo-expected-wii-u-sell-100-million-units/

if the wii u is what it takes to drag nintendo kicking and screaming back to confront its bleak reality, the it may be the best thing that's ever happened to them

Kalahari Inkantation

http://gamerant.com/nintendo-wont-abandon-wii-u-nx-release/

Quote from: kimishimaI think our first job right now is to make sure that the customers, those 10 million customers who have a Wii U at home have software to play. And we need to make sure that they are satisfied with their purchase and continue to enjoy playing on this platform. So we can’t just abandon them and say ‘Hey, it’s time to move on to the next thing.’

https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k/status/747964747681669121

lmao

C.Mongler

eh, shit was like 250 bucks and im a grown ass man with a job so i feel like i got plenty of gaymin' outta mine lol

Kalahari Inkantation

even if it's barely passable enough to make it worth owning for a salaried adult with an interest in nintendo games (a demographic that nintendo never deliberately targets), it's still at the very bottom of the barrel in terms of console value

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/article/nintendos-consoles-total-retail-game-releases/

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Thyme

C.Mongler

oh gee i'll just run out and buy a GAMEBOY then, I sure feel silly!!!

*pisses into own mouth and then strokes cock gently to a picture Kaz Hirai as urine dribbles down chin*

C.Mongler

holy shit guys, look what i just found, i will NEVER buy a nintendo console again!!

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Go Up