April 24, 2024, 08:52:27 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The sorry state of the Wii U

Started by ME##, January 17, 2015, 12:58:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on February 09, 2015, 01:04:46 PM
emphasizing ports over new games

sounds like nintendo's finally catching up to the 8th generation goodjob;
esp considering that every port so far has been full price, no matter how underwhelming [oot3d, mm3d] has been full price i'm not sure where nintendo is getting the idea that this will somehow lead to cheaper games

Kalahari Inkantation

February 09, 2015, 03:30:35 PM #31 Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 03:43:23 PM by Tectron
i must be misunderstanding something or that entire interview raises way more questions than it answers

what smartphone games are they planning to port

would nintendo itself be doing the porting or would it comission third parties to do so ???

or maybe iwata wants to entice smartphone devs themselves to bring their games to nintendo platforms, but there is literally no economic incentive for them to do that if they haven't already

the way it's worded implies that it would be nintendo itself developing smartphone ports, but does that mean nintendo is going to be paying for licensing agreements to get shitty smartphone games on the 3ds

is he perhaps talking about porting nintendo's preexisting ios """games""" to 3ds

because 1. there are only two of them so they couldn't possibly be considering that as a reliable long-term strategy 2. they're both trash

i mean wth does "The company plans to re-create games for the Nintendo 3DS portable system based on [...] smartphone offerings" even mean lol

maybe it's a mistranslation because i can't make sense of it

Kalahari Inkantation

also, to announce a future policy of relying on old ports seems to me like they're implicitly writing off the system as a failure

as in, the profit margins and market penetration of the 3ds brand have been so underwhelming for nintendo that it no longer makes any economic sense for them to develop new games for it, but for the sake of keeping it relevant until its successor and to keep fans who don't know any better from noticing that nintendo has all but moved on, they'll offer a library of mainly barely-touched ports that cost them 10¢ to develop from here on out

i can only hope they mean in tandem with significant new game releases in order to pad their otherwise sickly sparse release schedule (as far as we know both the wii u and 3ds will be completely dead after their next zelda (one of which is, of course, a """remake""")), but somehow i doubt it

ME##

Yeah I legitimately have no ideas what to make of that garbage sentence.  befuddlement

bluaki

Quote from: Tectron on February 11, 2015, 11:14:15 AM
as far as we know both the wii u and 3ds will be completely dead after their next zelda (one of which is, of course, a """remake""")
Or maybe even two. There were articles posted just earlier today saying there are rumors that Nintendo is working on a 3DS port of Twilight Princess

If that's true, apparently Nintendo is getting confident in their Wii-to-3DS porting abilities after the amazing graphical "upgrades" seen in DKCR3D and Xenoblade 3D.

[spoiler=mfw][/spoiler]

I'd actually appreciate a Wii U remake of TP if they improved models and textures to suit the system's capabilities, but 3DS (or N3DS) ports of Gamecube/Wii games are just a bad idea in general.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: bluaki on February 11, 2015, 07:39:27 PM
as far as we know both the wii u and 3ds will be completely dead after their next zelda (one of which is, of course, a """remake""")
Or maybe even two. There were articles posted just earlier today saying there are rumors that Nintendo is working on a 3DS port of Twilight Princess

If that's true, apparently Nintendo is getting confident in their Wii-to-3DS porting abilities after the amazing graphical "upgrades" seen in DKCR3D and Xenoblade 3D.

[spoiler=mfw][/spoiler]

I'd actually appreciate a Wii U remake of TP if they improved models and textures to suit the system's capabilities, but 3DS (or N3DS) ports of Gamecube/Wii games are just a bad idea in general.

lol, just what i've always dreamed of, a straight port of the ugliest zelda game in history without any graphical update whatsoever for a full $40

thx iwata !!

ME##

Snowy

Dankey Kang Returns 3D wasn't... awful looking. At least, not as bad as Xenoblade lol

TooB

[spoiler=mfw][/spoiler]

lol, when kaz showed me this screenshot earlier, I said it didnt look that bad....
now I see it closer, it looks bad

But if it runs smoothly at least, i think that's more important

Kalahari Inkantation

you should take a look at the reveal footage

it looks like it's running at about 20fps lol

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on February 12, 2015, 12:51:13 PM
you should take a look at the reveal footage

it looks like it's running at about 20fps lol
sucks for people playing it that way then

silvertone

[spoiler=mfw][/spoiler]

to be fair, the character models in xenoblade looked like they belonged on late playstation games

Samus Aran

that was the most un-silvertone post you've made in ages. who are you? who's using your account?

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Platinum the Trinity on February 12, 2015, 06:35:18 PM
that was the most un-silvertone post you've made in ages. who are you? who's using your account?
i would say it is in character because silvertone loves the xeno series
I love [you]

silvertone

Quote from: Platinum the Trinity on February 12, 2015, 06:35:18 PM
i had a dream i had to clean poop and pizza off this boys neck while this chinese lady made me korean food. my dad got rly angry so i did it. I had to use a wet sock since he didn't have any towels or soap. the boy just had a lot of acne on his neck and when i was finished he said i was good.
he also had really good hand writing in korean and english.

Go Up