April 28, 2024, 03:33:38 AM

1,531,646 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The sorry state of the Wii U

Started by ME##, January 17, 2015, 12:58:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

yeah imo nintendo completely deserves this lol

they have done absolutely nothing to make the wii u an appealing device to anything other than an increasingly tiny niche of gamers

maybe they've learned a valuable lesso-- no stop saying this you'll only disappoint yourself

Thyme

ok so should i just not ever get a wii u or what confuseddood;

david's opinion notwithstanding

ME##

Quote from: Thyme on February 04, 2015, 02:51:26 PM
ok so should i just not ever get a wii u or what confuseddood;

david's opinion notwithstanding
even if it is a david opinion, the simple and correct answer is no

Kalahari Inkantation

well, get it if you think its current library plus the three titles left to come out are worth the investment of $250 to play lol

the console itself may be shit with very little potential left but for hxxxc nintendo fans who can overlook its shortfalls and have another means of playing third parties (or simply don't care about them) i'd say the library is still sufficient enough to justify the expense

Thyme

Quote from: David on February 04, 2015, 02:55:13 PM

i should probs just stop gaming at all confuseddood;

[spoiler]and move to france and learn to drive trucks confuseddood;[/spoiler]

ME##

Quote from: Thyme on February 04, 2015, 02:59:19 PM
Quote from: David on February 04, 2015, 02:55:13 PM

i should probs just stop gaming at all confuseddood;

[spoiler]and move to france and learn to drive trucks confuseddood;[/spoiler]
yes!!!

Thyme

February 04, 2015, 03:22:06 PM #21 Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 03:25:47 PM by Thyme
Quote from: Tectron on February 04, 2015, 02:57:53 PM
well, get it if you think its current library plus the three titles left to come out are worth the investment of $250 to play lol

the console itself may be shit with very little potential left but for hxxxc nintendo fans who can overlook its shortfalls and have another means of playing third parties (or simply don't care about them) i'd say the library is still sufficient enough to justify the expense

i think it is, but... eeeeehhhh

i had a weird existential crisis at the end of the holidays that made me rethink things, mostly from the (obvious to anyone rational but me) realization that there's no fucking way in hell i'm ever going to get through my backlog
it almost made me delete my sig

it's calmed down, but i'm taking my backlog much more casually now
i retired a bunch of games i got from gog that either didn't work very well on my pc or just weren't really to my taste
and that's what i'm gonna keep doing; if i don't like something or get bored by it i'll just retire it and move on to something else without being worried about it still being in my backlog

with that said, i'll keep the countdown going, mostly as an experiment to see how long it can take me to beat 40 games and how many seemingly good games either consoles can garner in that time, but at this point in time i'm not sure i'm actually going to buy the winning console at the end of the countdown

#shitposting #firstworldproblems #thymepersonallife

Kalahari Inkantation

lol

that's why i adhere to my strategy of only ever buying games that satisfy a certain threshold on [glow=black,2,300]metacritic[/glow], and even then i still have huge problems keeping up

if i were to allow myself to be any more open minded when it comes to purchasing games i would absolutely never have any hope of ever finishing them all

i never want to find myself being overwhelmed with a huge backlog to the point at which it's discouraging because i know i'll be dead before i've played through them

that's also why i'm so glad the ps4 and xbox one are taking so long to become attractive to me lol

6M69I69B9

im so glad im casual

too casual for the wii u, too
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

TooB

TooB

silvertone

TooB

ME##

http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/6/7991445/nintendo-software-price-cut [ignore the click bait url link]

basically reading between the lines:

nintendo plans on increasing 3ds software revenues by porting shitty smartphone games and remaking [read: porting] its older games to the 3ds.  beyond snes and n64 games, many of which have already had proper remakes, what can nintendo honestly expect port to the system? it's not like it'll be impossible to find them elsewhere.  and for the former, why would a parent plunk down $200, or more, for a 3ds xl when crappy tablets and smartphones for children that exist well below that price and are more 'rugged' if they're just going to play the same terrible angry birds clone?

without fixing the pricing structure on its proper games, nintendo is basically starting its first forays into being a bigger zynga

Kalahari Inkantation

emphasizing ports over new games

sounds like nintendo's finally catching up to the 8th generation goodjob;

Go Up