March 28, 2024, 04:26:44 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

BOYAH GUTS THREAD: R8 'N' B8

Started by ME##, December 20, 2014, 10:24:32 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

don't let's

Kalahari Inkantation

that case is comically oversized for what would otherwise have been a mini itx build lol sillydood;

final build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/2BHGGf

except i don't own the 480 yet, i'll get that once the aftermarket cards are out

ikanaide

July 13, 2016, 06:33:23 AM #18 Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 06:38:19 AM by ikanaide
because of this big case, looks tidy and clean

window + LED = COOL

ME##

Tec, why didn't you spare dosh on the mobo and get 16GB of RAM myface;

ikanaide

maybe safe to have a better motherboard when there is a cheap psu + rx 480 befuddlement

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: ikanaide on July 13, 2016, 06:33:23 AM
because of this big case, looks tidy and clean

window + LED = COOL

ty icandy giggle; giggle;

also there actually aren't any leds built into the case, i temporarily illuminated it with an led flashlight for purely photogenic reasons (otherwise the window is too reflective to get a clear shot of the inside)

and the window itself is of pretty much no use to me anyway as the tower's permanent spot is an inch to the right of my desk lol sillydood;

i pulled it out again just to take that picture

[spoiler=also, i was curious]

looks pretty neat but oh boyo would that be insanely distracting at night lol, and i'm sure the novelty would wear of pretty quickly

so no leds for me [/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: David on July 13, 2016, 11:29:24 AM
Tec, why didn't you spare dosh on the mobo and get 16GB of RAM myface;

tfw two days after i had already ordered my measly 8gb 2400mhz ram for $30, i found 16gb of 3000mhz for $55 smithicide;

i have space for a second module so i can always add another should i find myself needing it (right now it hasn't been constraining me at all but i also haven't really experimented with gaming yet lol), but my gourd do i regret not waiting a few days before ordering lol

also yeah i probably could have spent less on a motherboard, but there are very few options with wifi/bluetooth in the <$99 range and i'd also be limited to 2133mhz memory (i have yet to decide whether those features are worth the extra ~$50, i could very well have bought cheap external bluetooth and wifi adapters and ram frequency is apparently rarely a bottleneck)

don't let's

C.Mongler

i'd post my guts but i'm a lazy motherfucker and made no effort to manage cables and everyone will laugh at me :(

Kalahari Inkantation

ikanaide

Kalahari Inkantation

T...turning off a PC? befuddlement

it'd still be an issue if i were playing a game or a movie or smth at night, or if for some reason i found myself needing to keep my pc on overnight, unless i could find case leds with easily accessible external controls

but really i'm just not interested enough in having an illuminated case to justify the extra expense lol, in order to even appreciate them i'd have to move the entire tower to some inconvenient location

don't let's

Quote from: C.Mongler on July 14, 2016, 06:45:26 AM
i'd post my guts but i'm a lazy motherfucker and made no effort to manage cables and everyone will laugh at me :(
that didn't stop me. I'm not sure that my cables were manageable though.

don't let's

Quote from: Tectron on July 14, 2016, 03:26:27 PM
T...turning off a PC? befuddlement

it'd still be an issue if i were playing a game or a movie or smth at night, or if for some reason i found myself needing to keep my pc on overnight, unless i could find case leds with easily accessible external controls

but really i'm just not interested enough in having an illuminated case to justify the extra expense lol, in order to even appreciate them i'd have to move the entire tower to some inconvenient location
yeah my case has a window and both the fans it came with have blue leds on them, but what gets really annoying is the front led, especially when I put it in sleep mode and it flashes.

Go Up