March 28, 2024, 05:45:05 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

BOYAH GUTS THREAD: R8 'N' B8

Started by ME##, December 20, 2014, 10:24:32 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on July 05, 2017, 03:00:38 PM
[spoiler]and because i won't fall for tec's amd shilling baddood;[/spoiler]

cry;

b-but muh benchmarx

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-7500-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-1600X/3648vs3920

and the 1600 does come with its own cooler lol

but yes, at your budget, honestly either the 7500 or the 1600 is a good choice

i myself have the 6500, which performs more like a 7400 5thgrade;

overall with either cpu it's a v. good build

Kalahari Inkantation

also at a cursory glance it looks like seagate and toshiba hdds with identical advertised specs are less expensive, but then again wd has historically been more reliable to me than seagate so lol

Thyme

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 05, 2017, 03:11:41 PM
also at a cursory glance it looks like seagate and toshiba hdds with identical advertised specs are less expensive, but then again wd has historically been more reliable to me than seagate so lol

ikr O_0

i was originally going for a seagate barracuda but then i looked up the failure rates and i was like "lol staying far away from seagate"

and idk toshiba feels cheap as well
i have a moderately recent toshiba tv and it's not even smart goowan
iirc the HDD i put in my tripple a long time ago was a toshiba and i've had various issues with it

WD just seemed like a safer bet, idk :/

Kalahari Inkantation

i've had two drives fail or become extremely error-prone in the past, and at least one of them was a seagate, if not both

but yeah i judge my hdd purchases off the most recent failure rate stats too lol

toshiba doesn't seem too bad, but between wd and seagate, i'd generally take the wd if priced near equally

[spoiler]

also my tv isn't """smart""" either but i absolutely prefer it that way girl;[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Snowy on July 05, 2017, 05:41:56 PM
That's awful lol. What kind/speed are you going to get now?

G-Skill has a 2 pack of 8gb stick for $150 which isn't tooooo much more than what you were spending before.

i'll settle for nothing less than 3200mhz

$150 is literally 1.5x what i'm willing to spend, which is already 1.5x what i was previously willing to spend lol myface;

also, http://boyah.net/forums/index.php/topic,59090.msg1551084.html#msg1551084

lmao psyduck;

Thyme

Kalahari Inkantation

Thyme

quick question, how did you guys transfer windows to your new computers?

i just used their tool to put an image of windows 10 on my usb drive, and i linked my license to my microsoft account so i can use that instead of my product key, so i should already be set i think, but are there any pitfalls i may not have thought about? confuseddood;

or did you just buy a new one?

[spoiler]or did you just not buy a new one? ifeelbetter;[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

used student privilege to get a new license

i didn't have any other pc from which i could have transferred, so it was either that or (not) buy lol

Thyme

Kalahari Inkantation

Kalahari Inkantation

wrench;

honestly i think i might have ended up buying too small a psu myself befuddlement

600w is sufficient but doesn't leave much room to play with, i find

don't let's

Quote from: Snowy on July 05, 2017, 05:46:00 PM
I used a WD Black 2TB HDD for my games and stuff in my tower and I've never had problems with it. Seagate are super cheap but way less reliable.
I wanna spring for the 6tb one and when I googled for it I kept finding it listed at $300+, $400+, or even $500+. Sometimes for a used listing. Even though it's only $286 on the WD website.

Kalahari Inkantation

are you a data hoarder, lote myface;

[spoiler]

i feel like the answer to this is probably obvious sillydood;[/spoiler]

don't let's

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 08, 2017, 04:38:03 PM
are you a data hoarder, lote myface;

[spoiler]

i feel like the answer to this is probably obvious sillydood;[/spoiler]
yes :(

Though I only have a 1tb drive in my desktop. And a couple 1tb external portable drives and a 2tb backup drive. I need to go through those and declutter and consolidate them and delete any duplicate files.

Go Up