March 18, 2024, 10:34:38 PM

1,531,586 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

BOYAH GUTS THREAD: R8 'N' B8

Started by ME##, December 20, 2014, 10:24:32 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

December 20, 2014, 10:24:32 AM Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 07:57:54 PM by David

snoorkel

bluaki

I just noticed the order confirmation you posted last week. It looks like you changed up some parts last minute. You switched motherboards (from ATX to microATX, from 4 RAM slots to 2), you switched processors (from i5 to Pentium), and you switched power supply and case. Is there an SSD hidden in there?

I never did take a picture of the mini desktop I just got this summer. Maybe I'll take one soon to post here.

ME##

Those should be the parts I order unless you're thinking of something Kaz posted.  And no SSD yet, but I will be getting one.  Though, I wish I had gotten an ATX mobo instead
Quote from: infinite luxury on December 20, 2014, 11:42:51 AM
Looks great M8  bassir;
grathias

bluaki

Quote from: David on December 20, 2014, 05:28:36 PM
Those should be the parts I order unless you're thinking of something Kaz posted.  And no SSD yet, but I will be getting one.  Though, I wish I had gotten an ATX mobo instead
I meant in comparison to the parts you posted earlier in that thread, but I didn't realize how long it's been since then.

Why do you wish you had gotten an ATX board? Are you referring to the lack of RAM slots, or is there something else? Some microATX boards (including the one Kaz ended up choosing) have 4 slots.

ME##

Quote from: bluaki on December 20, 2014, 06:34:15 PM
Quote from: David on December 20, 2014, 05:28:36 PM
I meant in comparison to the parts you posted earlier in that thread, but I didn't realize how long it's been since then.

Why do you wish you had gotten an ATX board? Are you referring to the lack of RAM slots, or is there something else? Some microATX boards (including the one Kaz ended up choosing) have 4 slots.
the ram slots are unfortunate, but 8gb has been great so far. 

more the size.  my front fan wasn't able to reach the first fan header so

also it just looks tiny.  at least the brown pcb isn't too bad

ME##

also, it's nice nzxt tied down the preinstalled cabling, but the fact it used a zip tie meant i would have to cut it to rout the rear fan to the other fan header on the mobo lol awdood;

silvertone

ME##

Thyme

Quote from: David on December 21, 2014, 09:44:53 AM
can't wait to see @kaz's results

"mdr mon ordi est meilleur que celui de thym" -david

Samus Aran

Quote from: David on December 21, 2014, 09:44:53 AM
can't wait to see @kaz's results

Still waiting on a few parts but I got most of them. Soon, David.

bluaki

Here's my current main desktop:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

It's pretty hard to get a picture that really shows anything without taking some stuff out. Hidden in there is a miniITX motherboard, an SSD, and one HDD.

I also have another miniITX computer that I use for a server and media player. That one is similar, but in a different case (Node 304) and without a video card.

ME##

shoulda taken a pic of kaz's for him since his case was open :|

don't let's

Go Up