April 25, 2024, 08:35:27 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Started by ME##, December 06, 2014, 04:58:28 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Commander Fuckass

Hey nerds lets play the Multiplayer beta this weekend
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Tectron on July 02, 2016, 06:55:05 PM
started 'ch4rted

it's gorgeous

...And suspiciously sentimental for an Uncharted game. akudood;

they should have called this The Last of Uncharted (literally true)

even the composition of uncharted 4's title screen is nearly identical to tlou's

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpcJzUnJBYk[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOybKT_xF98[/youtube]

and many of the game's general narrative motifs also just scream tlou

It makes me quite apprehensive about pushing forward. I'm extremely uneasy about the road this game is leading me down akudood;

Samus Aran

or you could just play the game

TooB

thats what happens when tlou team works on it.

dont worry tec. just play.

Kalahari Inkantation

well it's not like i'm going to stop lol goowan

there may be something uncanny about the tone of this game, but it's not necessarily a change i dislike

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on July 03, 2016, 01:20:30 AM

there may be something uncanny about the tone of this game, but it's not necessarily a change i dislike
me either. I actually really like the more grounded nature of this one.

squirrelfriend

i don't see the similarities between the title screens and basing an argument based on that is itself a stretch
i think when they developed the last of us, naughty dog just hired better writers

squirrelfriend

the reason i won't play uncharted is more rational: i don't support white voice artists doning virtual blackface

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectron on July 03, 2016, 01:20:30 AM

the tone is definitely more laid-back, but don't worry, this game is still absolutely uncharted, and i loved it

Nyerp

im pretty sure he means that the game's tone is darker and more serious than uncharted usually is

[spoiler]which is weird since the game doesn't do anything dark or serious in the end........in fact it doesn't do anything new or interesting narrative-wise at all besides alter the tone for no reason[/spoiler]

TooB

Quote from: squirrelfriend on July 03, 2016, 07:01:05 AM
the reason i won't play uncharted is more rational: i don't support white voice artists doning virtual blackface
wow

squirrelfriend

well laura bailey did yellow face before but that was okay because her position was approved by the japanese parent company
black people don't own sony though?

TooB

Quote from: squirrelfriend on July 03, 2016, 10:35:46 AM
well laura bailey did yellow face before but that was okay because her position was approved by the japanese parent company
black people don't own sony though?
wow

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: squirrelfriend on July 03, 2016, 06:52:37 AM
i don't see the similarities between the title screens and basing an argument based on that is itself a stretch

you might have a point if i actually were basing my argument entirely on the title screens

ME##

uncharted 4 has been pretty good so far.  the environments are a bit too destructible imho and the weird dialogue prompts seem out of place, i mean ultimately you're just picking 'witty remark x' to fill in a linear conversation. 

Go Up