April 24, 2024, 05:46:15 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Starfox Wii U, out before Zelda Wii U

Started by reeper, December 05, 2014, 10:47:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

How excite

5 very
0 (0%)
4 yes please
1 (9.1%)
3 meh ill pick it up at cheapness
5 (45.5%)
2 poop
3 (27.3%)
1 stop nintendo, stop
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Go Down

reeper

December 05, 2014, 10:47:18 PM Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 10:08:53 AM by reefer
Nioce. Wonder if they'll fuck it up again, seems like they should go the classic route.

Kalahari Inkantation

i have absolutely no hope for this game

can't wait to breathe a dejected sigh upon seeing that mid-low 70s score on metacritic

TooB

what worries me, is that even if they decide to go back to it's roots, and make just a better SF64, the fact that they want to focus so much on the gamepads gyroscope and motion blah blah shit is what may hurt it completely

reeper

Quote from: Jojo on December 06, 2014, 11:23:20 AM
what worries me, is that even if they decide to go back to it's roots, and make just a better SF64, the fact that they want to focus so much on the gamepads gyroscope and motion blah blah shit is what may hurt it completely
It's true.

Can we just have Metroid Prime 4  confuseddood;

Kalahari Inkantation

reeper

Quote from: Tectron on December 06, 2014, 10:26:48 PM
nintendo is terrified of metroid
As in sales wise? How it looks on their image as a family friendly company? I don't understand

TooB

Quote from: reefer on December 06, 2014, 10:47:12 PM
As in sales wise? How it looks on their image as a family friendly company? I don't understand
because miyamoto didn't come up with it. He's jealous.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: reefer on December 06, 2014, 10:47:12 PM

as in they have no idea what to do with the franchise, and sales are definitely a part of it

they tried catering to their core fanbase only to receive weak and ever-waning sales from one game to the next, then they tried to take it in an entirely new direction gameplay and narrative-wise with other m and found it universally panned (rightfully so (and with still no improvement in sales))

now on top of weak sales the series has the piss poor reputation of its most recent entry to undo, and so they're just going to sit on it until they think they can satisfy everybody, which considering the circumstances they might never be able to do

for now, it's far more cost effective to pump out another mario game, which is both a third the cost to develop if they recycle their assets yet again and is guaranteed to get positive reception and at least triple the sales of any metroid

reeper

I'm not sure how much influence Nintendo had on Metroid Prime 1-3, which is why they turned out so well. Metroid Prime Hunters and Other M are so forgettable. The problem in both of the games is the extremely small areas without enough well developed backtracking and too much focus on shooting, which is quite frustrating in each due to the gimmicky controls.

If they get Retro studios back on to the next Metroid game, and keep it similar to the Prime trilogy, I'm sure something well tuned can be created.

Starfox is a harder one to speak for, there are only 2 great games in the series, with all the recent titles being meh. Starfox's original mechanics are so dated, they'd have to try out something fast paced and get the feeling of the game down perfectly. I do think this game may be rushed since we've hardly heard anything but it's coming out so soon.

don't let's

Kalahari Inkantation

star fox is being developed by nintendo ead group 5

let's take a look at the other games on their resume

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Entertainment_Analysis_%26_Development#Software_Development_Group_No._5

lol

goty 2015 confirmed

reeper

Quote from: Tectron on January 14, 2015, 06:35:06 AM
star fox is being developed by nintendo ead group 5

let's take a look at the other games on their resume

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Entertainment_Analysis_%26_Development#Software_Development_Group_No._5

lol

goty 2015 confirmed
I bet it was some flight simulator and Miyamoto was like "put starfox on it bro"

reeper

January 21, 2015, 12:26:25 PM #12 Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 04:31:02 PM by Tectron
This video games a bunch of info on the new Star Fox, it might not be that terrible  bassir;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qc6NUbV29g[/youtube]

Kalahari Inkantation

zelda's delay means they can (and probably will) delay this without breaking their promise of it being out before zelda

strongbad

Go Up