April 19, 2024, 03:07:22 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Started by Commander Fuckass, December 05, 2014, 09:15:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

how cool

5 wow, such zelda
4 (30.8%)
4 omg omg omg
4 (30.8%)
3 meh, this is the exciting zelda?
3 (23.1%)
2 looks bland, do not want
1 (7.7%)
1 poopy poop
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on April 08, 2016, 07:04:08 PM
Quote from: Loto on April 08, 2016, 10:17:24 AM
Quote from: C.Mongler on April 08, 2016, 10:11:07 AM
I think it is Linkle, though Jesus fuck i hate that name
well, i'm gonna assume that whatever official female link comes to the mainline zelda games, will be canonically Linkle.

i pray to the goddesses that you're wrong
I don't mean Linkle from Hyrule Warriors, which is a GOOD GAME btw,
but i assum that the female counterpart of link, will be officially named Linkle

Kalahari Inkantation

it should not be a counterpart of link

it should be link

the name "link" itself is fantastical and unisex enough that it doesn't need some awkward feminine suffix pinned on

in fact,

Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on April 08, 2016, 12:53:37 PM
though really that model shown already looks so androgynous I wonder what the difference would even be

there could (and should) very well be a conversation early on in which an npc alludes to that very androgyny and gives you the option to say 'i'm a boy/girl'

and that's it

same character model, same name, everything proceeds exactly in the same manner as it would have had that option not existed, the only possible exception being pronoun usage (not that link is ever even referred to in the third person in any zelda game anyway)

i'm only being partly facetious, a few tweaks of the character model to maximize androgyny and that could work lol

TooB

I fully agree. It should just be link either way.

But the sad fact, is that nintendo will likely say it's linkle.

Thyme

honestly, tho you could blame NOA for this i guess, it's probs just a translation thing

maybe rinkuru doesn't sound as dumb for a japanese speaker and NOA didn't want to rustle any feathers so they translated it as straightforwardly as they could

idk

bluaki

Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on April 08, 2016, 12:53:37 PM
though really that model shown already looks so androgynous I wonder what the difference would even be
maybe it'll be a Marth/Lucina situation n_u

Kalahari Inkantation

But hey, at least we got a single piece of new artwork to help tide us over!

C.Mongler

Hiro

I mean hey Link looks male here but also what is up with that arrow still

C.Mongler

it has blutooth to conenct to his sweet hip mounted HyrulePad

Classic

Since it's coming to both consoles, I'll just pull an 'Ol Yeller on the Wii U and get the NX Version.  hocuspocus;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Classic on April 27, 2016, 06:51:26 PM
Since it's coming to both consoles, I'll just pull an 'Ol Yeller on the Wii U and get the NX Version.  hocuspocus;

you might be one of the only people left in the world who still has so much confidence in nintendo that you'd be willing to blow another $400 on their next overpriced, underpowered, undersupported, harebrained scheme of a console at launch after the unmitigated disaster that was their eighth gen lol ><>

C.Mongler

Samus Aran

i'm legit still glad i bought the gamecube version of tp instead of getting a wii and the wii version of tp

i'm legit still glad i never bought a wii

TooB

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on April 29, 2016, 12:06:39 PM
i'm legit still glad i bought the gamecube version of tp instead of getting a wii and the wii version of tp

i'm legit still glad i never bought a wii
I might still buy a wii.

It's a much cheaper way of playing gamecube games in hd

GameCube component cables = $300+
Wii = ~$50 used.

bluaki

Quote from: Tectron on April 28, 2016, 10:15:20 PM
Quote from: Classic on April 27, 2016, 06:51:26 PM
Since it's coming to both consoles, I'll just pull an 'Ol Yeller on the Wii U and get the NX Version.  hocuspocus;

you might be one of the only people left in the world who still has so much confidence in nintendo that you'd be willing to blow another $400 on their next overpriced, underpowered, undersupported, harebrained scheme of a console at launch after the unmitigated disaster that was their eighth gen lol
I'll probably buy it at launch too giggle;

Quote from: Loto on April 29, 2016, 02:08:56 PM
I might still buy a wii.

It's a much cheaper way of playing gamecube games in hd

GameCube component cables = $300+
Wii = ~$50 used.
That's not HD, but your point does kinda stand: GameCube games still look significantly better with component cables, which are more readily available on Wii.

Similarly, Wii games look noticeably better when played on Wii U than on Wii because of HDMI. It's still not HD, but at least it's digital.

Go Up