April 17, 2024, 08:26:59 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Started by Commander Fuckass, December 05, 2014, 09:15:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

how cool

5 wow, such zelda
4 (30.8%)
4 omg omg omg
4 (30.8%)
3 meh, this is the exciting zelda?
3 (23.1%)
2 looks bland, do not want
1 (7.7%)
1 poopy poop
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

C.Mongler

with them jaggies i would say that's definitely possible on wii u lol

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectron on November 12, 2015, 06:21:36 PM
full res still image of that last shot in the video:

looks like they'll be completely forgoing anti aliasing again

jesus fuck

Kalahari Inkantation

yeah, i noticed that he's sporting a greatsword

here's hoping it's an indication that weapon variety is higher than ever dittodood;

Samus Aran

yeah that'd be great. also hoping that the shield variety and item upgrades from skyward sword stick around.

silvertone

it's cool you can see the Items on link

Kalahari Inkantation

i basically just want this game to take all the best elements of last gen's genre-defining rpgs (ie. dark souls and skyrim) and tie them together with the typical slew of zelda amenities (and minus the hardxxxre rpg stuff like stat allocation and skyrim-deep weapon upgradeability/customizability lol)

zelda itself hasn't been genre and industry-defining the way the aforementioned games have since the n64 era

Hiro

Skyward Sword was a step in the right direction with the inventory upgrades and all that so yeah here's hoping they keep on that route gameplay/level design wise.
Honestly the only problems SS had was occasional re-calibration, Fi talking a bit too much, the story seeming a bit low-key despite having all this new stuff and high stakes, and the overworld being boring.

Kalahari Inkantation

November 14, 2015, 03:52:17 PM #37 Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 03:58:39 PM by Tectron
that's a lot of problems, though, and they're large and oppressive throughout the entire game

not to mention that some of the pre-dungeon areas (lanayru desert, anyone) simply aren't fun (although ironically the sand sea and other later parts of lanayru turn out to be the best areas in the game), and bouncing back and forth between the ground and the wasteland of a sky between every dungeon is extremely tedious and ruins the pacing

but yeah, i definitely do hope they keep and moderately expand upon the upgrade system, they need to make that large overworld purposeful and having unique upgrade materials and unique weapons hidden throughout the world in caves and forests and mini-dungeons is one way to do it

i'd love to have an overworld that for once serves a larger purpose than to play heart container hide-and-seek

anyway, other things skyward sword did right:

-bosses (minus moldarach and the imprisoned awdood;)
-dungeons themselves (especially the later ones, though i wish they were larger)

Hiro

Fi only bothered me towards the end of the game, and I didn't mind the calibration, but I know others did.
The ground-level areas were fantastic, I thought the gameplay and mechanics were big upgrades especially from TP, and the visuals were really nice. And yeah, the bosses and dungeons were great too (aside from the final dungeon which I thought was a bit lame)

But really the only big complaints I had about the game was the empty overworld and having to fight Demise 15 times. Even the story was pretty good (again with the exception of Demise) and I like most of the characters SS introduced. Honestly SS is in the middle of my Zelda rankings

don't let's

My biggest problem with SS was the battery drain in the controller. And I think the transportation method got a little boring after a while.

Hiro

Wind Waker
Ocarina of Time
A Link to the Past / Majora's Mask / Skyward Sword
Four Swords Adventures
Legend of Zelda
A Link Between Worlds
Minish Cap
Links Awakening DX

Twilight Princess
Zelda II

Phantom Hourglass
Link's Crossbow Training

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on November 14, 2015, 04:14:09 PM
Fi only bothered me towards the end of the game, and I didn't mind the calibration, but I know others did.
The ground-level areas were fantastic, I thought the gameplay and mechanics were big upgrades especially from TP, and the visuals were really nice. And yeah, the bosses and dungeons were great too (aside from the final dungeon which I thought was a bit lame)

agreed, i have never been a fan of the compilation-of-every-previous-area-as-a-final-challenge thing, i find it to be incredibly unimaginative and lazy

unfortunately it's an extremely common cliche in 3d zeldas awdood;

i like what skyward sword tried to do with blurring the seams between outdoor areas and certain dungeons, but i feel like it's hardly ever evident

[glow=black,2,300]dark souls[/glow] generally does a much better job at creating large and virtually seamless worlds indoors and out, and if anything they should look to fromsoft for inspiration in that regard

Dullahan

Samus Aran

"big scorpion with eyes in claws" is not a good boss. "big goofy tentacle hair man" is not a good boss.

swimming and collecting musical notes was not fun

Hiro

I'll admit the scorpion was a bit dull but dude the tentacle dude was one of my favorites, and I thought the swimming was solid

also,
Quote from: KAZOOIE-BANJO on November 14, 2015, 10:35:23 PM
collecting musical notes was not fun

Go Up