March 28, 2024, 03:05:23 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

When a musician is a dick

Started by Josh, November 14, 2014, 09:47:01 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: klappa on November 16, 2014, 03:07:41 AM
I don't think I like it less, but I will stop listening to their music if they do something I don't like. Music is not so important that I would keep listening to someone I dislike personally.  That verges on cuck behavior.

Ol' charlie manson made some cool music.

klappa

Quote from: Boogus Epirus Aurelius on November 16, 2014, 08:35:01 AM
I don't think I like it less, but I will stop listening to their music if they do something I don't like. Music is not so important that I would keep listening to someone I dislike personally.  That verges on cuck behavior.

u cuck

PLEASEHELP1991

you can avoid giving a dollar by torrenting your hated artists
Or you can just listen to them on spotify since they only get $0.00001/play anyway
I love [you]

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: klappa on November 16, 2014, 04:41:10 PM
I don't think I like it less, but I will stop listening to their music if they do something I don't like. Music is not so important that I would keep listening to someone I dislike personally.  That verges on cuck behavior.

u cuck

The fuck is that supposed to mean?

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Boogus Epirus Aurelius on November 16, 2014, 05:37:15 PM
Quote from: klappa on November 16, 2014, 04:41:10 PM

u cuck

The fuck is that supposed to mean?
i think he's saying that you are a clucky or cuckold? idk either
I love [you]

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Either way, he sounds dumb as shit.

klappa

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: klappa on November 16, 2014, 10:55:49 PM
Quote from: Boogus Epirus Aurelius on November 16, 2014, 08:59:27 PM
Either way, he sounds dumb as shit.
what in the world why are you so angry

I'm not angry at all, friendo.
I'm just pondering your cunty word usage.

don't let's

Pretty much instantly turns me off in most cases (with any kind of artist, or creator, or person) Though I might still listen to some songs.

Quote from: Geno on November 15, 2014, 02:22:51 PM
Anyways, I really don't understand people who like certain music less because the artist who made it is an asshole. What someone does outside of their music has no effect on the music itself.

Because then they get tainted in your mind and you get a soured feeling every time you're reminded of them. Which most of the time they're music will do. And kind of makes you not want to support them either. (Or at least for me.)

Custom

Quote from: Josh on November 14, 2014, 09:47:01 PM
Does it change your opinion on a band's music if/when a musician in that band is a dick/complete asshole?

I'm a big fall of the Fall of Troy and it's pretty much common knowledge that their frontman is a complete asshole, but I still really like the band.

Between the Buried and Me is also a favorite of mine but when I saw them last summer, everybody except the rhythm guitarist was walking in a group and I waved at them and said what a good show they put on. My friend and myself were the only ones there that passed them, it was an empty sidewalk. They clearly noticed me but walked on by. Their rhythm guitarist showed up in a parking lot behind the venue and I smoked a cigarette with him, though. Told him how much I appreciated his band's work, got a picture with him, and an autograph. Really good dude.

Conversely, does it make you like a band more when its members are really nice people? When I saw This Town Needs Guns and Tera Melos I got to talk to all of the members, get pictures, autographs, the works. They gave my friends and myself a lot of attention and appreciated how excited we were about their music. Same goes for HORSE the Band. They were super cool to us and thanked us for buying merch and being at their show.

Anyway, what have been some of your general experiences with musicians being complete assholes or nice people to you?

I've never really heard any bad things about Thomas Erak. He seems like a cool guy. Same with BTBAM, they've always seemed cool whenever I've seen them. They signed one of my friend's jackets and it was a generally pleasant experience.

I'm usually pretty good at separating the music from the people behind it. Some artists are just dicks, but I still listen to their music. Usually I have to be turned off before I listen to them to hate them because of the people behind the music, it can't be after I already enjoy songs.

The time I've had music ruined for me really was when peet from Monomate/IAMERROR started getting obnoxious on facebook. It also didn't help that the quality of his music became complete shit and his live shows became a mess. I met Reel Big Fish and Big Chocolate and they both seemed really nice and I had good experiences talking to them for a few minutes.

Go Up