April 15, 2024, 10:45:16 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Phone Upgrade

Started by YPrrrr, September 18, 2014, 02:24:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

osjdalk

Galaxy S4
0 (0%)
LG G2
0 (0%)
HTC One
0 (0%)
Moto X
3 (100%)
Droid Maxx
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Go Down

YPrrrr

So I'm up for a free upgrade phone on my Verizon plan but I can't decide between phones because they seem rather similar. Can anyone help me narrow it down? Options are above in the poll

ME##

Moto X.  Hiro will agree

YPrrrr

ME##

Quote from: YPR Classic on September 18, 2014, 02:40:47 PM
Quote from: David on September 18, 2014, 02:30:43 PM
Moto X.  Hiro will agree
any particular reason why?
out of those phones, it's the closest thing you'll come to a pure android experience, it's a reasonable size and since it doesn't cram everything under the sun into its internals, it has good battery life 

YPrrrr

Quote from: David on September 18, 2014, 02:47:51 PM
Quote from: YPR Classic on September 18, 2014, 02:40:47 PM
Quote from: David on September 18, 2014, 02:30:43 PM
Moto X.  Hiro will agree
any particular reason why?
out of those phones, it's the closest thing you'll come to a pure android experience, it's a reasonable size and since it doesn't cram everything under the sun into its internals, it has good battery life 
cool; seems to have some neat features in the review I just read too. Might be the frontrunner now especially since it isn't gigantic like some other options

snoorkel

Hiro

the 2013 moto x is an even better size and is cheaper, but yeah i'm tryin to figure out what moto x to get myself

ME##

Quote from: y-i on September 19, 2014, 12:16:03 AM
the 2013 moto x is an even better size and is cheaper, but yeah i'm tryin to figure out what moto x to get myself
i think 2013 is the one we're talking about here since all of those phones are fairly old lol

Hiro

oh god lol
yeah i guess so then
get that 2013 moto x then aubs, excellent choice

YPrrrr

I have it down to the moto x and the G2

G2 seems cool because of the longer battery life, better camera, and faster processor. Idk idk idk

ME##

Quote from: YPR Classic on September 19, 2014, 01:04:12 PM
I have it down to the moto x and the G2

G2 seems cool because of the longer battery life, better camera, and faster processor. Idk idk idk
tbf the few times i've used my brother's x, i haven't had any issues w/ it so i'm not sure if those extra features are truly needed

Hiro

I wouldn't worry too much about the processor since the X is optimized well, has no kind of extra ui shit, and performs v. well in graphics tests.
But the battery and camera are valid concerns

Also I guess I should note that the Droid MAXX has most of the same features as the Moto X, making it just a bigger uglier version with better battery

YPrrrr

Welp apparently my mom got tired of waiting for an answer so guess I'm getting a galaxy lol

Which isn't bad, it just slightly bothers me that it's the same model as her phone (ewww mom phone)

Thanks for the help anyway!

Hiro

the worst option in the entire poll awdood;

oh well a new phone is a new phone, just put google now launcher on it and pray they support updates for it

silvertone

is ther any smart phone w / good battery life

Go Up