take a look at this possible new PC build

Started by Samus Aran, September 04, 2014, 09:53:57 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/cMqqNG

I'm still somewhat unsure about a couple things here and there in this, like a couple things I think I could go cheaper on and not sure if I'll end up just using the stock cooling unit in the end but for now I chose not to list one. I can always get one afterward if it seems like I need the extra temperature control.

But ummm either way pls take a look, any comments or suggestions are welcome. I would definitely like to slim down the overall price slightly. This is my first time doing something like this and David helped me a ton and honestly did most of the work lol. Bless you David.

The "type" of user I will be is like, um, not a power user per se but I would like to play some modern games at decent settings and do want to get into things like making videos but I don't need to be running a bunch of other things at the same time I guess lol

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

ikanaide

dont need the 2 storage drive
dont need OS

$200 cheaper now  hocuspocus;

maybe psu and gpu can be cheaper I am not sure  doodthing;

Samus Aran

oh no, i most definitely do need both of those storage drives lol

as for the os, well, i want to actually have a genuine livedisc instead of pirating win7. it's not a necessity but yeah idk

Samus Aran

silvertone

Daddy

Do yourself a favor, spend an extra 10 bucks and buy a 250GB SSD
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E3W1726/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It has a marginally slower I/O but a larger cache.

also samsung just a slightly different series

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Samus Aran

it's mostly just one of those things that'd be kind of nice to have. so no i don't really "need" it but idk

Kalahari Inkantation

September 16, 2014, 11:07:34 PM #11 Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:20:25 PM by Tectron
Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on September 16, 2014, 10:17:43 PM
Do u really need an optical drive?

i was wondering this myself, but kaz is a physical media kinda guy

i also question the necessity of buying an ssd now considering the limited (though high, they're guaranteed for something like 24tb) total number of writes, for that reason i would keep nothing but core files on an ssd and not files that are going to be modified constantly (games, music, media and entertainment things basically)

also be wary of sudden power loss, which decimates ssd performance

and keep in mind that you can't fill them to capacity and that they gradually slow with use

also reliability differs significantly from brand to brand

of course hdds have their fair share of issues too lol (esp. in that failure is far less predictable and often catastrophic), but they're not really limited to a finite number of writes and of course are much cheaper per gb

anyway this build looks good2me wrench;

Samus Aran

October 15, 2014, 01:29:38 PM #12 Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 02:58:37 PM by Platinum the Trinity
changed some things

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vLxtNG

$1177, came down almost $200 from first price

ME##

will john take pix of kaz building his computer like an excited kid @ christman

silvertone

:in a well, shouting: build the damn computer already :shouts echo and makes my ear drums bleed:

Go Up