April 23, 2024, 01:32:31 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

cheap unlocked T-Mobile smaetphome

Started by strongbad, August 30, 2014, 02:51:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

What is one I should b lookin at

My daddy is upgrading my plan and I am the biggest smartphone noob
Pls help

ME##

define cheap

are we talking sub $50 cheap or sub $1/200

strongbad

Sub $250 idealy

I want a nexus 5 but they look pricey...

bluaki

Quote from: udderfailure on August 31, 2014, 10:19:11 AM
Sub $250 idealy

I want a nexus 5 but they look pricey...
Consider a Moto G then, they're $180~$200
and more Nexus-like than most other phones

but it might be worth considering that a new model of it is already known to exist and will probably release in a month or two

strongbad

i was actually checking out the moto g
shiiit though i don't want to wait that long
it would prob be worth it though

strongbad

snoorkel

snoorkel

bluaki

Quote from: udderfailure on August 31, 2014, 10:53:31 AM
i was actually checking out the moto g
shiiit though i don't want to wait that long
it would prob be worth it though
It wasn't that much of a wait after all
The new Moto G was both officially announced and also released today.

But it's an extremely minor change. All they changed relative to last year's model is made the display larger, added a microSD slot, and supposedly improved the camera. It has exactly the same price, same battery, same low RAM (only 1GB), same CPU, and same resolution. And it has no LTE model yet.

The previous Moto G does have an LTE model which also added a microSD slot.

strongbad

I think I'm going to snag the new Moto G once my dad starts up my data plan lol

LTE would probably be nice but I don't think it's thaaaaaaat big of a deal (feel free to dissuade me if you feel otherwise, though)

5inch screen size is pretty sweet though and even though that will probably hurt the battery life of the original slightly, it overall seems like an upgrade

In fact I think I'll sell my Nexus 7 because I don't see myself using it anymore if I have a 5inch smartphone to use.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

bluaki

Quote from: udderfailure on September 06, 2014, 10:13:45 AM
I think I'm going to snag the new Moto G once my dad starts up my data plan lol

LTE would probably be nice but I don't think it's thaaaaaaat big of a deal (feel free to dissuade me if you feel otherwise, though)

5inch screen size is pretty sweet though and even though that will probably hurt the battery life of the original slightly, it overall seems like an upgrade

In fact I think I'll sell my Nexus 7 because I don't see myself using it anymore if I have a 5inch smartphone to use.
I'm on T-Mobile and I use a Nexus 4 which also doesn't have LTE. It really hasn't bothered me.

I personally see the larger screen as a downgrade because I prefer it smaller, but if you like it then go ahead and get the new model. One thing that you might want to consider is that, despite the screen being larger, it still has the same 1280x720 resolution; though I personally believe that resolution is more than high enough for any phone, plenty of people believe otherwise.

Just a month ago, I bought a refurbished Nexus 7 (2013, 16GB) for $120 hocuspocus;

Hiro

yeah my plan is to get on t mobile, idk if i want the 2013 or 2014 moto x because the 2013 is smaller and has a 64gb option, but the 2014 is just nicer and will prob last a big longer
moto g does seem nice because microsd i don't get why moto x doesn't have it, but i want top hardware

Go Up