March 28, 2024, 03:19:43 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Tracking the ISIL

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 19, 2014, 03:57:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

http://www.lemonde.fr/les-decodeurs/visuel/2014/09/11/les-etats-de-la-coalition-internationale-face-a-l-ei_4485948_4355770.html

States claiming to be against ISIL, officially.  I suspect Russia will become part of those fighting it outside of the "coalition" soon.

[spoiler]Can we just take a look and laugh at what a worthless pile of wank Sweden is though? [/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-assad-shooting-at-american-planes-would-lead-to-his-overthrow-2014-9

obama: just a friendly warning that assad's going down no matter what and t'ain't sh*t you can do to stop me

Kalahari Inkantation

applesauce

^^^^ fucking statists

also, did anyone read the statement yesterday in which isil called kerry a "uncircumcised old geezer"?

ME##

Quote from: applesauce on September 23, 2014, 07:09:24 PM
^^^^ fucking statists

also, did anyone read the statement yesterday in which isil called kerry a "uncircumcised old geezer"?
lmao i don't think isil knows how to form an insult

ME##

also, i find the british media's 'is' nomenclature even more infuriating than the isil/s [hint: the s is wrong] debate.  islamic state just sounds too vague and could potentially be applied to any muslim-majority country akudood;

Kalahari Inkantation

isis may not be technically correct anymore, but the group became well known in the media and among average western citizens while it called itself isis, which has caused it to become the far more common term in vernacular and as such it will probably stick around until the group's been dismantled

not to mention that the s in isis actually stands for al-sham, and it's easier to pronounce that 'isil' lol

'islamic state' could refer to any of the handful of states prefixed with 'islamic state', but that was probably a deliberate move by isi* to cause the rest of the world to conflate it with all of islam

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on September 28, 2014, 03:13:57 PM
isis may not be technically correct anymore, but the group became well known in the media and among average western citizens while it called itself isis, which has caused it to become the far more common term in vernacular and as such it will probably stick around until the group's been dismantled

not to mention that the s in isis actually stands for al-sham, and it's easier to pronounce that 'isil' lol

'islamic state' could refer to any of the handful of states prefixed with 'islamic state', but that was probably a deliberate move by isi* to cause the rest of the world to conflate it with all of islam
isil and isis are both fun to say imo

better than saying eye esss

and you're probably right about that awdood;

silvertone

can we get an update on the sit'

rdl

https://isis.liveuamap.com/de

mosuls coming along but i dont really understand their strat. theyre cupping up at the bottom but barely making any progress at the top so is it some kind of mish mash flim flam smothering idk. doesnt make sense but it is the iraqi army so you know.

once they get mosul, which looks good, they can pretty easily push isis out of iraq, so theyd just be iss, which is pretty astronautical.

then the question of, lol the kurds are controlling a third of the country and they have been for 3 years now...

assad almost has aleppo. all told, pretty good. obama's strat is coming together, as horrible as it was.

rdl

unless their goal was just to conquer alil's shower, in which case the pincer move on that is pretty solid

Travis

Go Up